132: The One With The Grieving Process

Toni and Fangs are siblings in this

CHERYL POV:

Toni walks into our room after a visit to the hospital to see her mom, who's been sick the past few months now. "Toni. What happened?" I ask as she sits on the bed. She just breaks down crying. I move closer to her and hug her. "What are we gonna tell Ruby?" She ask wiping her tears. "Toni we didn't even her that she was sick." I whisper. "It just happened so fast. Than last week everything went to hell." She whispers. "At least you and Fangs were there with her. Right?" She nods. "She didn't suffer that much. She was asleep, but it wasn't fun. I never thought I would have to be the one to pull the plug." She looks at me. "What are we gonna tell Rub?" She ask quietly. "It's late, we'll discuss this tomorrow." She nods. I kiss the top of her forehead. "I'm gonna ahh... go ahh... take ahhh take a shower." She stumbles over her words. "You sure you don't want to just go to bed." She nods. "I need to get the past few days off me. I haven't showered." She goes into the bathroom. I lie back on the bed and take a deep breath. I've never seen her take a death this hard. She didn't talk to her mom until our daughter was born, which means Toni has only been talking to her for about 4 years. Toni comes out of the bathroom after taking a shower and lies down. "You ok?" I ask looking at her. "I don't know." She rubs her eyes from exhaustion. She went to the hospital on Monday and just got home after 3 days. "Have you slept?" She shakes her head. "Not really." She whispers. "I just want to sleep. I don't really want to talk about anything right now." I nod. "Ok." I kiss her. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you too." She smiles a little. "Mommy?" Ruby knocks on the door. "Come in baby." She slowly walks in. I pick her up. "What's up baby?" I ask. "Mommy!" She gets excited. "Hey! Baby girl!" Toni perks up a little. "What's up?" I ask again. "I can't sleep. Can you read me another story?" She ask quietly. "Yeah, I'll be there in a minute. Pick out a story." Toni says quietly. Ruby goes to her room. "Toni..." Toni gets up. "I need a distraction and I haven't see her in 3 days." She leaves.

TONI POV:

I walk into Ruby's room. "Got a book?" I ask grabbing a chair and sitting next to her bed. She hands me four books. "I don't know which one." She whispers. "Where the Wild Things Are, Goodnight Moon, Green Eggs and Ham, The Rainbow Fish!" I read out all the books. "Which one did mommy already read to you tonight?" I ask quietly. She sits up. "Goodnight Moon." She says. "Well, I like the message of The Rainbow Fish." I tell her. She nods. I read the story to her. She looks at me. "What?" I smile. "Why did you name me Ruby?" She ask quietly. "Well, mommy and I liked the name! And the color red is mommy's favorite color and it was the only name that was an actual name closest to the color. Trust me if it wasn't for me your name would be Red!" She smiles and giggles. "Why does mom like the color so much?" I shrug. "I don't really know. That's a question for her." I smile. "It's late, go to sleep." I whisper. "Where were you?" She ask quietly. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "You haven't been here since Monday, its Wednesday." I take a deep breath. "It's late, I'll explain in the morning." I move hair out of her face. "I want to know now." She whispers. I really don't know how to explain death to a 4 year old. "Rub, it's something we need to talk about as a family." I say trying not to make it sound good or bad. "Good or bad?" She ask quietly. "Ahh... just go to sleep. It's something to talk about in the morning." She nods. "Ok." I kiss the top of her head. "Go to sleep." I turn off her light and leave. I go to the bedroom. "You ok?" Cheryl ask quietly. "Yeah." I nod closing the door. She pulls me into a deep kiss. I pull away. "Not tonight." I whisper. "What?" She looks at me confused. "You always pull me into a deep kiss when you're horny." She smiles. "You do look sexy but I'm not going to force us to do anything tonight." I kiss her again. "How's Fangs doing?" She ask quietly. "I don't know, he just walked out and left. I haven't talked to him since." I whisper. She looks at me. "You spent the day drinking." I look down. "I needed time." I whisper. "Can I ask when?" I nod. "She died this morning, I just needed to get stuff out of my system.
I didn't call you because I didn't want to think about it." She nods. "It's ok." She whispers. "You sure?" She nods. "You just lost your mother. If I loved mine, I would do the same. Even though I don't drink." I lie down. "Yeah, you're right I guess." She kisses me. The doorbell rings. "It's almost 2 am. Who could that be?" I get up and go to the door. I open it to a police officer. "Are you the sister of Francisco Forgarty?" I nod. "Is he dead?" I ask quietly. "No, but we found him passed out from drinking and we just brought him here so he won't be alone." I nod. "Is there anywhere we can put him." I motion to the couch. They bring him into the house and put him on the couch. "I can't deal with him right now." I whisper going upstairs and finally go to sleep.