44: The One Where Choni Is A Secret

TONI POV:

"Cheryl..." I moan as she rubs my clit slowly. "You need to be quiet." She whispers before kissing my thighs and goes down on me. I moan as her tongue and fingers go faster. The curtain quickly opens. We both stop. "Oh my god." Veronica covers her mouth. "I called it." She laughs. "Please don't say anything." Cheryl and I whisper at the same time. "I won't." She walks away. I turn off the shower. We both grab towels and go to our stuff that isn't there. "Veronica, really?" I ask pissed off. "What?" She ask turning around from the mirror. "Where is all our stuff?" Cheryl ask pissed off. "Honestly I don't know." Veronica looks down at her phone. "Oh my god!" She looks up. "Your clothes are in the cafeteria."

CHERYL POV:

"Welcome to Saturday detention." Principle Weatherbee says slightly disappointed in all of us. I look over at Toni who's with Sweet Pea and Fangs. "There will be no talking, moving seats or leaving. Is that clear?" We all groan. He walks out. Toni looks back at me sadly. Time goes by and nothing happens until lunch. Toni sits in the chair in front of me backwards. I hand her half of my sandwich. "You ok?" I ask quietly. "Can we talk about last night, not right now obviously. But later?" I nod. "Yeah." I look down. "What's wrong?" She ask quietly. "Nothing." I lie. She smiles sadly. "I want to believe you. We'll talk later." We eat and talk quietly. We finish eating and detention is over. "So, no breakfast club? I thought it would be like that." I joke. "Oh trust me, none of them are like that. I've been to few of them." Toni laughs. We get in her truck and go to Thistle House. "What did you want to talk about?" I ask. "Us." I turn around to look at her. "I love you and I hate keeping us a secret." She whispers. "I'm not out to anyone." I whisper. "I don't want to force you to do anything you're not comfortable with but if you don't come out I can't be with you." Toni whispers. "Toni..." I whisper. "I'm sorry." She goes to the door. "I can't be with you until you start to come out." She walks out. "Toni! You can't do this! You can't force me out of the closet!" I yell. "I know. But a few people." She leaves in truck.

"She's not wrong. You're only out to me and Toni." Veronica whispers. "I can't." I whisper. "Not after what the football team did to Kevin."  I whisper. "She can't force me out of the closet though." I insist. "You're right, but you need a push." Veronica tells me. The dell rings I turn to see Toni walking with Fangs and Sweet Pea.
She waves at me awkwardly. "Please." I mouth. She shrugs. "I'm sorry." She shakes her head. I groan and lie my head on the counter. "Maybe you should think about coming out." I look up at the raven haired girl in front of me. "Besides the football team, what are you so scared of?" She ask quietly. "JJ." I confess. "He loved you. He'll love you no matter what." I look over at Toni. "It's not that. He was the only person who knew. I just wish he was here." I whisper. "Than do it, for him." I take a deep breath. "I'm not ready." I say quietly. "Cheryl you're going in circles."

"I thought you would be here." I whisper sitting next to her. We both stare out at the lake silently. "I love you." I take her hand. "I can't do this. I want to be with you, I want to be public." Toni looks at me. "I love you." I whisper again. "If you really loved me you would be more open. I get that I shouldn't force you out of the closet but, I just want to walk down the hall with you hand in hand and say that you're my girlfriend." She cups my cheek. "What happened to you? What happened to you that you have this internalized homophobia?" She ask quietly. "My mother." Her face drop. "Cheryl." I start crying. "Cheryl what did she do?" She ask quietly. "Sent me off to conversion therapy when I started to develop feelings for girls." She rubs my cheek. "Cheryl You shouldn't go through that." I shrug. "Now do you see why I'm not coming out anytime soon?" She nods. "I'm sorry."