188: The One At The Fancy Restaurant

TONI POV:

Cheryl and I walk into the fancy restaurant. "This place has a vegetarian option right?" Cheryl ask me. "Yeah!" I nod. "How are we gonna tell her the news?" She ask smiling. "I don't know, just don't drink any wine, sushi or coffee and see if she notices." I whisper. She smiles. "I don't like coffee anyway." I smile kissing her. My mom comes over to us. "Oh! Toni." She says hugging me. "Hi mom." I smile. "How are you?" She ask. "Great actually! This is my girlfriend, Cheryl." I motion to her. "Hi, Mrs. Topaz." Mom pulls Cheryl into a hug. "I'm so happy to finally meet you! And please don't be formal it's annoying, I'm Jen." She says smiling. We all go sit down at the table and order our drinks. "So should we get an appetizer?" Mom ask smiling. We both nod. "Shrimp cocktails?" Cheryl looks at me. "I'm vegetarian." She says. "Oh! Ok! So not that!" Mom says. I take Cheryl's hand. "You ok babe?" I ask quietly. She nods. "I have to go to the bathroom." She gets up and goes to the bathroom. "She's pregnant." Mom breaks the silence. I look at her. "What?" I ask scared. "You've told me how much Cheryl loves to try fancy wines and we are at a restaurant where all the wine here is fancy and she didn't want any. Also when you're pregnant you can't have raw fish so there's that. Also there was a whiff of something and she definitely got sick from it." She explains. "Trust me, I was pregnant before! I had you and your brother." She adds. I nod. "How far along is she?" She ask smiling. "We just found out a few weeks ago. We aren't really ready to tell anyone because in Cheryl's last relationship she had a miscarriage and she doesn't want people buying her a bunch of baby stuff just for her not to have the kid." I explain. She smiles. "Well, I hope everything goes well!" I smile. "Also act surprised in a few days when she insist we tell you." She nods. "Can I ask who's sperm you used?" She ask. "We don't know, someone tall." She smiles. "Have you talked to your father?" She ask changing the subject. "Not recently." I say shaking my head. "Have you?" She shakes her head.

Cheryl kicks me gently. "What's up babe?" I ask looking up from my computer. "My feet hurt from the heels." She whispers. I sigh. "No." I whisper. "Please?" She ask. "I have to get some work done." I say quietly. She pouts like a child. I sigh and move to face her. "You are so lucky I love you." I whisper. I massage her feet. She lies back. "Do you want to get married?" I blurt out. We both look at each other. "I just thought, b-because well, we kinda jumped to conclusions by having a kid and in 7 months this kid is gonna be here and all the paperwork and medical stuff is gonna be kinda hard because one of us will be able to make medical decisions when the other isn't." I explain. "Is that the only reason you want to marry me?" She ask. I shake my head. "No! I was thinking about asking you before, I just- I just wanted you to meet both my parents first." I explain. She smiles and sits up. "Cheryl Blossom, will you marry me?" I ask quietly. She nods. "A million times yes." I pull her into a kiss. "Also my mom knows you're pregnant." I confess. "What?" She looks at me. "She figured it out! You ran off to the bathroom... she noticed you didn't eat any sushi but you're vegetarian anyways." She looks down. "I told her not to say anything until we know nothing bad is gonna happen. As crazy as my mom is, she keeps secrets." I whisper. "Did she like me?" I nod. "She loves you! We're going over to dinner on Saturday around 5." I tell her. She looks at me. "I have that thing with Veronica!" I sigh. "Well, push it to lunch or something." I say. "Yeah! I was think about doing that anyways." She whispers. I sit up and kiss her. "I love you." She says quietly. "I love you more than you know." I whisper. I move my hand to her stomach and rub her stomach. "I'm scared." She whispers. I nod. "I know, but honestly. If everything goes to shit, we'll see what we can do." I whisper. "But we're not gonna have to worry about that, because you are gonna have this baby and everything is gonna be ok!" I whisper. "Do you think we're gonna be good parents?" She ask quietly. "Yeah." I nod. "What are we gonna do with the whole name thing?" She ask. "We'll figure it out." I say smiling.