159: The One Behind the Episodes

TONI POV:

I get off my bike after noticing a lot of police cars and caution tape. I go over and see the police bringing a body bag to the ambulance. I look at see the Blossoms and put the prices together. "Holy shit!" I whisper. I make eye contact with Jughead. He has no fucking idea who I am but whatever, I go back to my bike and drive off. I go to the trailer park and to Fp's trailer. "What Toni?" He ask opening the door. "Jason's body was found." I say quietly. He closes the door. "Ok." I whisper.

"Do you want to go to Pop's? I'll consider buying." I ask Cheryl as we walk out of the movie. She bites her lip. "If it means not going home than yeah!" I smile. "Come on. I'll meet you there." She nods and we drive off to Pop's. Once we get there we have the conversation that everyone knows and loves. "I heard what happened to your brother earlier this year." I say after a long silence between us. She looks at me. "I can't even imagine what you're going through. My parents died a few years ago but it's not the same." I tell her. "What happened to your parents?" She ask quietly. "I don't really know." I whisper. "My parents died when I was 10, they went on a trip for my dad's work and they never came home. I had to move cross the country with my uncle." I explain. "Holy shit!" She whispers. "I was never really told how they died, I never asked my uncle." I whisper. "I don't really want to know either way." I add.

Cheryl, Veronica and I get out of Kevin's truck and to my trailer. "Fuck Cher." I whisper. She looks at me. "What?" She ask. "You look like hell." I whisper. "Let's get you into the shower and into something warm." I bring her to the bathroom. "I know it's nothing fancy. But Veronica's parents will kill us if we all show up and your mother is a homophobic pile of garbage so you're gonna have to suck it up.l I say. She nods. "Thanks." She whispers. "Anything is better than the past 72 hours of my life. Except my mother of course." I nod. "Will you be ok alone? I have to get you a change of clothes." I ask concerned. "Yeah." She whispers. "When I was fixing the shower a year ago I managed to mess something up. So turn the knob to cold to get hot water and same of hot water if you want cold." I tell her. She nods. "I'll get you something to wear." I say before walking out. "I ordered Pop's. I don't know if she's eaten in 3 days." Veronica says. "Yeah." I whisper. "Why do you have so many empty gum packages and rappers lying around?" She ask. "I rather have to deal with cavities than shitty lungs, which was happening to me because it was shitty lungs or a shitty liver." I explain. "I was about to ask if you have any beer or something but I'm gonna take that as a no." I nod. "Don't worry though, I haven't had a drink in 3 years." I whisper. "You're in a gang." She whispers. "Yeah. So?" I ask quietly. "I know that equals a lot of drinking." I nod. "Soda in glasses so it looks like I'm drinking gin or beer." I tell her. She nods. "I was supposed to get something for Cheryl to wear." I go to my room and grab a change of clothes. "Your clothes are on the toilet." I tell Cheryl. "Thanks." I walk back out. "Are we gonna talk about that kiss?" V ask. "Not until Cheryl and I do." She nods.

"We got you some Pop's." I say placing the bag in front of Cheryl. She grabs the food and eats it, fast. "Where's your uncle?" Veronica ask quietly. "Brazil." I say quietly. "He was here illegally and someone found out." I say. "Oh shit!" I shrug. "I didn't like him! And now I'm old enough to take care of my self." She nods. "Why is there so many gum rappers?" Cheryl ask. "I used to be an alcoholic." I say quietly. She looks at me. "I have it under control." She nods. "Where are you originally from?" Veronica ask. "Wisconsin." I say. "You said across the country." Cheryl says quietly. "I over exaggerate! We know this." They both nod. "Wait did you ever meet Eric and Kelso?" Veronica ask smiling. "Shut up!" I groan.

"Hey, how's Cheryl doing?" Kevin ask quietly. "She said she was fine and she's here. I think she is ready to have a break down." I explain. "Are you gonna audition for the musical?" He ask. "Nah! That not my thing." I whisper. "Not even a background character?" He ask. "I need more ensemble. And I've heard you sing, you don't suck." I take a deep breath. "I stole my dad's truck so we could save Cheryl. All of that was your idea." I sigh. "I'll do it, but if someone dies I'm quitting." He nods. "Deal." We shake hands.