FadingLights

How did you discover Wattpad?

I found Wattpad through a different site. Someone had posted a few chapters of her book and then gave a link to her story on here

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

I've been on Wattpad for about three years and I'm on it pretty much every day.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

To be honest, I came up with it when I was going through one of my harder times. The username I'd had previously sounded too 'happy' and I wanted something to sounded how I felt.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

My mom use to read to my siblings and I quite a bit when we were younger and so I started making up my own stories. When I started to get them mixed up, I would write some down to clear my head up a little. I think I was around 13 at the time.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

Robin Jones Gunn, Chris D'lacey, and Chrystalla Toma are some of my favorite authors. I love The Last Dragon Chronicles, Elei's Chronicles, and the Christy Miller books just to name a few. And my favorite genre would have to be fantasy.

Do you want a career in writing?

Writing is more just a hobby for me. I've never really thought about having a career in it.

Who supports you the most in your writing?

My mom is always encouraging me to write. She's also probably the only one in my family who's read my stories.

_________________________ Choose one of your books: What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

My story is called The Wishing Well. It's a fantasy story about the magic behind wishing wells. It tells a tale about Rhian, the 'Wisher' who lives inside the well.

What inspired you to write it?

Not too long before I got the idea, I had seen an image of a well and briefly wondered how it granted wishes. That spurred the whole story.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

It is actually a short story, only one chapter. It does have a little note at the end that explains some things, but that's about it.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

It's three pages long, I think. I don't remember the exact number of pages. That's about how long most my chapters in anything I write is.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

I'm totally shocked by how many people have read it. It's amazing. I never expected this to happen.

Do you have any advice for new authors?

I would say the best thing to do is write what you want to read. That has kept me going honestly. It's given me a sense of freedom, real freedom, to do whatever.

I really liked the style of this author's writing and her characters were interesting and well portrayed in her books. Her book Save Me was very original and I recommend everyone to check her out!