a-dora-ble

How did you discover Wattpad?

My close friend was the one that introduced me to the site. ^-^ She was reading "Storm and Silence" by RobThier, so I could say that was the first book I read on here ^-^ Then I started to write, so I thought I could post my work here, and that's where how it all began!

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

I've been on Wattpad since May 26, 2014 2:55 PM (According to my profile). I had to check because I couldn't remember :P I went on a hiatus for six months in 2015, but now I'm pretty much on everyday.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

Yeah, my name is Dora, and my friends think I'm adorable so. Pun!

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

I started writing in seventh grade, for a writing assignment. We were reading The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien, and so our task was to write an adventure story, so I guess I could say my first work was kind of a fan fiction? It was meant to be a short story, but mine ended up being around 20 pages :') the longest in the class. I ended up getting an A on it, so it was worth it! But that's when I realised that I loved to write (at 12). So thank you J.R.R Tolkien, couldn't have done it without you!

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

My favourite Wattpad authors are: , , , , and a whole bunch of others :P I'm really bad with names. Real-life author: Sherrilyn Kenyon. Loved her Dark Hunter series.My favourite genres: Romance/Action

Do you want a career in writing?

Not really, I write as a hobby, as a form of escapism I guess. I would never do it as a professional, I'm actually going to study Economics and Finance at university!

Who supports you the most in your writing?

My Wattpad friends, and my non-Wattpad friend, who's really given me the kick in the butt I needed to finish my first work. :P

_________________________

Choose one of your books:

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

Title: Deadly Secrets. Genre: General Fiction. What's it about? It's about this teenage thief, Zara DeRealis, who gets blamed for having stolen this new psychoactive drug, "The Butterfly". Basically she and her friends have to find the real culprit.

What inspired you to write it?

It's basically a heavily re-written version of the first book I ever wrote (the one in seventh grade). Everything changed except for the characters. Those have a special place in my heart. ^-^

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

Each chapter is between 1500-3000 words, so pretty long haha. I've had to go back and split the 4000 word ones, because they were just a tad too long. I prefer mid-length chapters, so not too long or too short.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

I'm proud of how far I've gotten. I started off as a novice, and although I'm still kind of an amateur, a lot of my readers say that I have improved, which makes me happy! I'm pretty happy with the amount of reads I have right now (6.1k), but I think I'll truly be satisfied once it hit hits 10k. It probably won't ever happen, but a girl can dream right? :D

Do you have any advice for new authors?

My advice: If you love your story, never give up. See it through to the end. It's not easy, it's never easy, but don't let the obstacles deter you from finishing. Because I promise you, it will be worth it. Also, don't ever feel afraid to ask for help. I've met a lot of amazing people on Wattpad who have helped me made the changes for "Deadly Secrets" that I didn't know I need, all because I shamelessly threw myself out there. :)

I really enjoyed her book, in fact, I've added it to my library to continue reading it and so I cannot tell you how much I recommend it! It's well written and the plot sounds really interesting so you should definitely check her out!

Also, aim high. I never dreamed that my books would hit 5k, let alone 10k!