trieutritrinh

How did you discover Wattpad?

I remember looking for new books to read and I somehow stumbled upon Wattpad. I've been in love with it ever since- it feeds my addiction (reading).

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

Well, I've been an official member for 4 years, but I've been using Wattpad for almost 6 years now. It just took a while to make an account. I use it every day. I'm currently reading at least fifty stories that are on-going so I have to be up to date with them. Plus, I don't feel right if I don't read at least a chapter a day of anything.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

Not really. I just heard a variation of it and my brain automatically turned it into what it is today. It's just something about the combination "tri" or "ver" that makes me think of the colour green (which is my favourite of all times). So just having to read "trieutritrinh" so often makes me think of it and so three times happier :)

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

Well, I've been telling myself stories in my head ever since I was in kindergarden. It helps that I have a really good memory so I've kept a few good ideas in there until 5th or 6th grade when I decided to start writing them just because. So I was about 12-13 years old. None of what I wrote was exceptional at the time (although I modified one idea into a new book I am working on), but as I grew up I started to write more seriously, trying to become better and better.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

The first well written book I read was one of Amanda Quick's and I decided there and then that I wanted to become at least half as good as she is. My favourite books are the series Artemis Fowl and Percy Jackson- the rest are too many to enumerate, including those on wattpad. My favourite genres are fantasy, romance (of course), werewolf, action and historical fiction.

Do you want a career in writing?

I do, very much! I would love to see my books in stores and people reading them, talking about them and actually understanding them. This is why I am trying to make my books as close to perfect as I can so that they can enjoy them when they read them :)

Who supports you the most in your writing?

That would be, of course, my family with my mother being the first one since she was the one who encouraged me to imagine new stories and scenarios and finally write them down. Next would be my best friend whose reactions when reading my stories push me to write more and more- I thank her for all her encouragements.

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

The book is called Taming the Darkness and it is a fantasy novel with a hint of werewolf. It is about searching for one's soul mate, but also about working hard to get what you want be it power, love or happiness. Because nothing comes easily, not even for The Darkness.

What inspired you to write it?

I don't know. I've always been fascinated with the dark, with origins and history so I've tried to blend all of them into one story. From that main one this and many other ideas sprung and here we are today :) In this book (and series) I planned to change history and make you think that things might not have happened as you know. So I hope I can give you my version of why and how it became to be known as such, so be careful of the hints I leave throughout my story :) Do you think you can unravel the mystery?

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

My updates were irregular at first, but from half of it onward I tried to be precise in my updates. I thank every one of my readers who were patient and followed the story of my characters until the end.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

I started with 3 pages in Word, but I felt that it was too short. Unless the story has a lot of chapters I am not satisfied with such shortness when I read, so I made them longer. Now I try to make them at least 5 or 6 pages and, depending on what the characters feel like doing in that chapter, it can go much higher than ten. I have read books with both short and long chapters (more than 40 pages on the old wattpad) and if they are well written I enjoy both styles. But I think that a middle ground is better for my books since I never know just how much I'm going to write (I am always surprised at what happens in my books even though I write them. I even wrote a few plot twists that I didn't expect so it depends on what the characters want mostly.) But I do think that 3 pages should be at least the minimum amount.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

I am! I am so thankful to everyone because very single read is proof that what I wrote is worth reading to someone so it makes me really happy. What I love most is reading their thoughts, their deductions, what they felt and their suggestions on where I can improve, because that's what makes me trully happy- knowing that someone enjoyed my book. Those thoughts make me so passionate about writing that I can't wait to write a new chapter to see their reaction :)

Do you have any advice for new authors?

Just keep writing, go with the flow. It doesn't matter if you don't have a plan because that can change with a single line said differently. And most of all, let your imagination fly. Love your characters and they will love you and together you will make a great story (am I making sense here? I'm not crazy, I assure you :D ). Be passionate and proud of your work, but always try to improve for the sake of showing your readers the universe you want them to see, feel and live in for a while.

This author is amazing. I can't explain how well written and professional her books are and I really hope that she gets a writing career - I would definitely buy her books! You must go and check her out, because they're really something very special.