LxLeilynn

How did you discover Wattpad?

I stumbled across it by accident whilst looking for something to read.

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

I've had Wattpad for roughly a week and I am on here everyday for at least an hour.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

Yes there is but its not something I'd like to share at the moment. Is that alright?

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

I wanted to cure a bit of boredom; after I started writing at the age of 15, I fell in love with it.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

I currently do not have a favorite author but I love the genres Adventure, Romance and Historical Fiction.

Do you want a career in writing?

I've never thought about have a career in writing but I wouldn't mind one.

Who supports you the most in your writing?

I would say my I am my biggest supporter at the moment. I have yet to tell anyone that I write and I'm fairly new and undiscovered.

___________________

Choose one of your books:

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

The title of the book is called 'Checkmate'. It is a historical romance fiction.

It is about a young lady whom has lost the only remaining family she has and sets out on an adventure. She crosses path with a powerful laird and catches his interest. Fighting him every step of the way, she tries to leave her past life behind and escape from his clutches. However, he stubbornly refuses to let her go and tries to dig into her past while planning for a future with her.

What inspired you to write it?

I was intrigued by the history of Scotland after reading a historical fiction novel here on Wattpad. After reading the unfinished story, I did a bit of research of my own and decided to start writing one myself.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

I plan to update either once a week or fortnightly. My story was last updated less than 24 hours ago.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

I prefer long chapters but my chapters are very short as I find that I struggle to write and edit a long chapter.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

I'm proud of my book regardless of how many reads it has; I'm just happy with the amount of effort I put into it. As long as I feel that I've done my best and was able to put a smile on a few faces its enough.

I would definitely love more reads, but its not the amount of reads, its the readers I want. I want to be able to write and share something I know my audience will enjoy; even if it is just a few.

Do you have any advice for new authors?

I'm a fairly new author myself, but I think the best advice I can give is for them to try their best and not be discouraged by the amount of views or the lack of interest in their book.

Her book Checkmate is really well written and I highly recommend it as one of the best historical fiction books I've found on Wattpad. It's a shame it's not well known, but she is just waiting for her big break!