florallist

How did you discover Wattpad?
Through a friend on tumblr, who told me there were some awesome stories on there. She was right :)

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?
I think I've had it for about two years, but before that I was reading stories as well, as a 'silent reader'. There are periods that I'm on wattpad a almost every day, but also periods where I won't be on there for a few months.

Is there a meaning behind your username?
Well, my name's Fleur, which means flower in French. So florallist, it sounded pretty and has something with flowers in it.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?
I'm not sure why I started writing, I guess I just had all of these ideas in my head and I wanted to get them on paper. I never thought I could do it, though, that's why I only recently got into writing, about two years or so ago.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?
I love John Green, I think he's my favourite author. I have too many favourite books, I just can't pick one that's the best. But the book that I've read the most would definitely be Harry Potter. I don't have a favourite genre, I love reading all sorts of books, depending on the mood I'm in.

Do you want a career in writing?
Not really, because realistically, I'm no where near as good as I should be for an actual writing career.

Who supports you the most in your writing?
The people on wattpad that comment on my stories. Nobody in 'real life' knows about the fact that I write.

_________________________

New In Town

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?
I've got one book finished, called New In Town. I'm currently editing and re-uploading it. It's a teen-fiction, about a girl (Nina) who moves to America, and finds out her roommate is extremely good-looking and possibly very dangerous.

What inspired you to write it?
I honestly don't know, I guess I just came up with it, already had the main story line in my head before I started writing.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?
New In Town is completed, but I'm re-uploading, and I'm trying to do at least one chapter every week. Today was the last update.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?
My chapters are generally three or four pages long. I don't think you can say anything about long or short chapters being better, it really depends on the actual story and writing style.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?
I am more than happy with the amount of reads I have. I never expected more than 100 reads, and I kind of still can't believe that so many people seem to like my story.

Do you have any advice for new authors?
Don't rush yourself, take your time to write each chapter and if you're not happy with it, just don't upload. Also, remember, you write for yourself, not to please others!

Although cliche, I really loved this author's story. I thought it was very well written (welldone, seeing as English is not your first language!), and the plot was interesting. I really recommend her to everyone, especially if you love a cliche book as it is amazing.