Just_Me6

How did you discover Wattpad?

At first my friends and I found the app and created a joint writing account. But, it didn't really work out so I made my own account and began writing on it a few months later.

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

My friends and I got the first account about 10 months ago but I've had my personal for about 6 months.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

There is not some huge reason behind my username. I guess it is just that when I am writing, I am just me. I don't have to pretend to be the jokester like I am and not talk about anything deep or meaningful. Oh, and 6 is my lucky number.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

I started out as a poetry writer (still am) because I was having a hard time in my life and I need a way to talk about it without having to talk to someone else. This all happened about a year ago and I just started writing poems to help me vent or get my feelings out of my system.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

My favorite genre is realistic fiction but my second is science fiction. My all time favorite author is A. S. King (I met her she is the nicest lady ever and she is so intelligent.) Coincidentally, she is the author of a few of my favorite books. Ask the Passengers, Please Ignore Vera Dietz, and Everybody Sees the Ants.

Do you want a career in writing?

Ideally, I would love to be an author. But I might end up becoming a journalist for a magazine or newspaper. Hopefully something along those lines.

Who supports you the most in your writing?

Probably my mom. She is so proud of the fact that I love to write and she always wants to read what I have most recently finished. :)

__________________

Choose one of your books:

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

I only have one book currently that I am writing. Its called Action and it is about a girl, Mackenzie Lucas, with a privileged life who hates all of the fake attention she gets because of her money so she flies off to New York to go to a fine arts academy. To stay away from the fake attention she would get, Mackenzie hides who her family is and what her mother does for a living seeing as she is a famous movie producer. But, when she get's stuck with a nosy roommate who wants to know all of her secrets she has a hard time doing that.

What inspired you to write it?

I started writing it about a year ago but didn't get very far so it was just sitting in my documents on my computer. I picked it up again a couple weeks ago and still love the idea of it.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

I try to update every Friday and I haven't broken that streak yet and have even posted a few early updates. The last time I updated was today actually.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

Each chapter is about 1500-2000 word and I personally think shorter chapters are better so if you are reading on the app, like most readers are, you can have it on the go and not be rushed to finish the chapter you are on.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

Yes, I am very proud. It has around 120 reads and even though that may not be much, even having one person read and like my story is a huge accomplishment. :D

Do you have any advice for new authors?

Being a new author myself, I don't have a whole lot of insight but from what I have read from others, have patience and don't expect to be famous. It won't happen over night, if it does then it will take time. Also, don't write anything that you don't love. If you want others to read it, shouldn't you like yourself first?

I really loved the idea of this author's book. Although it may be slightly cliche, it is very well written and practically flawless grammar-wise. I really recommend it to anyone who reads teen-fiction!