FakingBritish

How did you discover Wattpad?

Through my friend, she got me addicted to this crap

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

Two years, and I still use it way too much

Is there a meaning behind your username?

Oh my gosh I literally have the worst reason; so I’m southern okay? And because I’m southern, I talk and WRITE (accidental) with an accent. When southern people write with accents it’s not all “ya’ll”. Don’t stereotype us. We actually sound really British when we write it and because of that when people read my books they would always comment on how awesome it was for me to have a British accent and if I actually lived in the UK. I AM NOT BRITISH, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST BRITISH PEOPLE, I’M JUST SAYING, I AM NOT BRITISH. So I changed my name to FakingBritish so people would stop asking me that. But guess what, they still ask me that. My name is FAKINGbritish okay, okay?

Oh my gosh did you just see what I did there, that was an accident ya’ll.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

Well I started “writing” when I was probably like eleven, but oh my gosh I was horrible. I would always have to type it out on my mum’s slider phone. It was the worst. But that was probably when I was like wOAH I'M GOOD AT WRITING (which I wasn’t)

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

My favorite author is JeddieJay , he is literally the best and one of the sweetest guys. You should go follow him. And I don’t really like many books, sorry if that sounds weird, but I like the ending of Paper Towns and The Fault in Our Stars, but the rest of the book is awful. And I love to read romance and fanfic (only wattpad though)

Do you want a career in writing?

Probably not, I just do it for fun and for the enjoyment of others

Who supports you the most in your writing?

My brother’s girlfriend. Woot woot.

_______________________

Choose one of your books:

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

Cookie Dough. Fanfic // Humor. It’s about this quirky girl named Baylie who suffered from from stomach cancer when she was younger. But anyway she grows up, her family is hilarious btw, and she literally has no idea what she is going to do with her life but then she is reunited with one of her childhood friends, Ashton Irwin. Yes, the Ashton Irwin from 5sos. And suddenly their friendship that was lost is brought back and then boom, didn’t see this coming, they fall in love. But then her cancer comes back, oops.

What inspired you to write it?

Well I always like to write stories where you can kill off the characters. But my main inspiration was my (instagram) friend Morgan. She has this medical condition that is a lot like my brother’s but worse and its a lot like cancer. It really sucks, so please pray for her.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

I update every Sunday, and it was updated (believe it or not) Sunday.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

I usually try to make them 1000 to 2000 words. And it depends what you’re writing about and how much detail you want to but into it. Like if it was something important and you wanted a lot of detail in the chapter then it probably needs to be at least 1500 words, in my opinion.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

Ehh ya, I mean it was only posted last week (10/8/14 I believe was the date). Reads don’t really matter to me, it’s peoples enjoyment that does. But I mean if it only has like one hundred reads then I’ll probably delete it.

Do you have any advice for new authors?

Hang in there. Everyone is better crappy in the beginning, but I promise you, your going to do awesome.

AND PLEASE DO NOT WRITE STORIES STEREOTYPE STORIES LIKE 1D KIDNAP/RAPE/BULLY/HIGHSCHOOL DRAMA/OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT BC THAT’S SERIOUS STUFF AND I’VE SEEN IT OVER AND OVER PLEASE STOP

OMG, another member of the 5SOS fam. Wow. Right, I absolutely love her book Cookie Dough, it's an Ashton Irwin fanfic and is amazing. I really recommend it to other 5SOS fans! Go check her out, I love her!