MagmaKepner

How did you discover Wattpad?

A couple old friends were actually nagging me to get onto Wattpad, since I was on Figment, but I was super reluctant. However, I eventually joined to stay connected, and I've never left!

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

Since February 13, 2013 (the 13/13 stuck with me!). Typically every day, but trying to think about it I can scarcely remember what I do on here!

Is there a meaning behind your username?

Well, my username came about in grade seven, so three years ago now (wow, time flies). I didn't want to use my real name, so I used an anagram generator, and the name has stuck ever since (but now it's usually shortened to Maggie.)

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

If you were to look at my second grade write-about-yourself project, it would say I wanted to be an author or illustrator when I got older. I discovered I liked writing when I was really young, but I had an affinity more for books for the majority of my childhood, up until sixth or seventh grade, when I got into writing a bit more.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

Oh gosh, there are so many to name! Favourites include JK Rowling, Markus Zusak, Suzanne Collins, and Veronica Roth. John Green isn't too bad either. My favourite books are, unsurprisingly, Harry Potter, The Book Thief, The Hunger Games, Divergent, and 1984. My favourite genre is dystopian!

Do you want a career in writing?

That would be nice, as writing is super refreshing. Though my career aspirations vary from an actress to an astrophysicist, so if I can somehow fit writing into my actual career path, that would be lovely But as for a full-time thing, unless I become an English teacher, I don't think a 'career' would be the right word.

Who supports you the most in your writing?

I don't have much support in real life, since no one really focuses on my writing, but on here it's mostly friends and all, though since we're all on a writing site, there isn't much one-to-one specific support; it's more of an everyone-write-your-own-thing sort of thing.

_________________________

Choose one of your books:

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

Oh, it's tough to choose one (since I have two I'm fond of), but I guess I'll go with the one that's mot recent. It's called "Together", and it's a Hunger games fanfiction. Essentially, the fourth Quarter Quell has come (after the rule of Coin came to an end when people began to become lazy) and this year, it's bigger than ever. The story rotates between all characters, and the characters were made by others or myself.

What inspired you to write it?

Procrastination regarding my other books. I figured that I always wanted to write a complete work, and writing something that I already knew the basis of was an easy way to do that. As well, all my friends are Hunger Games fans on here, so almost everyone writes a fanfic sometime or another, and I guess this was just my time!

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

It really depends. I just updated a couple days ago, but when there isn't much interest sometimes updates range from a week to a couple months. Right now I'm writing out reapings, and I hope to actually stick to a schedule and have the next chapter up by next Sunday.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

I've only written out Reapings so far, and those range from 3-5 pages. I think that it all depends on the story. I think the average for my story after I'm done with Reapings will be about 2-3 pages, but it's quality over quantity.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

I'm proud I'm actually writing it, but the response hasn't been very well, though time will only help that. As for reads, not particularly, most chapters have about 10-40 reads, but once again, once I begin to update and get into the good stuff, I feel like it'll get better.

Do you have any advice for new authors?

Do what you want, and write what you want. However, a wonderful quote I read to keep in mind is: "Don't write because you want to say something, write because you have something to say." That quote really applies to original fiction, but in general, try to keep away from cliches, unless you change them. Write for yourself, not for others!

Her books are amazing, with such creativity and imagination, it starts putting publish authors to shame. I love the ideas and the plots of her Hunger Games fanfic and her writing style is really good. If you're a tribute, I suggest you check her out as soon as possible!