Sepherene

How did you discover Wattpad?

A friend told me about it. She knew I wrote and stuff and tried persuading me into making an account. Back then I wasn't as open about my writing hobby, but then figured that I wouldn't get any better if I kept my writing to myself. So I made this account and never looked back since.

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

I've had Wattpad for a year now. It'll be two years this summer. I use it every single day xD If I'm not updating, then I'm talking to people or in the clubs.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

Nope, I don't think so. I don't even remember why I chose it, to be honest.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

I started writing because I had so many ideas in my head. I also needed a way to cope with life. After all, everybody needs an escape from reality once in a while. So instead of drinking or drug use, I turned to writing books and short stories. I started writing (crappy) stories at the age of nine or ten, but decided to seriously get into it around thirteen or fourteen.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

I'm in love with Maggie Stiefvater, J.D Salinger, and Jack Kerouac. There are too many on Wattpad to name Dx

I don't really have any favourite books, but if I really had to choose, it would be the Catcher in the Rye and [sic] by Scott Kelly.

My favourite genres are anything dealing with psychology, mystery/thriller, and fantasy.

Do you want a career in writing?

I do. In fact, I'm working on publishing a completed novel on here. It's currently in it's rewriting process, but it's still exciting nonetheless.

Who supports you the most in your writing?

So many people support me. My readers, parents, friends...everyone I've told about it usually try to help in some way.

_________________________ Choose one of your books: What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

My book is called Across Acheron. It's fantasy and general fiction.

It's mainly about a man named Jack telling you, his therapist, about the events that led up to him being admitted in an asylum.

What inspired you to write it?

So many things, really. The first one would be the way people portray the male gender here on Wattpad. Most people on here have male characters cut from the same tree; they're possessive, defensive, or never show much emotion. Jack is the complete opposite of that. Also, I wanted to do something for the LGBT community to show my support.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

I tried to update once a week. The book is completed, so the only thing I ever update are little errors and things about the publication.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

I strive for 3-5 Wattpad pages. I think chapters should be as long as it's needed for a scene in the novel. Plus, writers need to learn when to keep some things and when to let some things go.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

I'm very proud of Across Acheron. The reads are also baffling, since I never thought people would enjoy my work ._.

Do you have any advice for new authors?

Keep reading. It may not seem like it does much, but trust me, it does. Reading will help you hone your skills as a writer by analyzing another author's word choices, sentence structures, dialogue, monologue, and help you with your grammar. Also, get to know your characters. They make or break a story.

This author's book is absolutely amazing and truly dragged me in. I loved how it was written and the story is superb - but I am still yet to finish it. There is very little fault as far as I can find, as it is brilliant. I really recommend them, and please, please go and check their book out!!