MelonDiaries

How did you discover Wattpad?

I discovered Wattpad from my sister. She was the one who introduced it to me, two years ago.

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

I’ve been a user for almost two years now. I used it quiet a lot as a reader and a writer. But, I’m more active on weekends.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

Yes! My love for watermelon and I used to write diaries – but, still do. And, that is how I came up with the name Melon Diaries.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

Writing is one form of communication for me. I also draw, but there is some things better written than drawn. I’ve discovered my love for writing at a very, very young age - I think around first grade. Then, my grammar was very poor that I decided to keep writing for my own pleasure. But, I’ve break out from it, though my grammar hasn’t improved as much, but better when I was in first grade. Hahaha…

Who are you favorite authors? What are your favorite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favorite genre?

I have a lot. But, I’m such a fan of Julie James, Nicholas Sparks, Jane Austen. But, my all time favorite work is by Julie James titled Something about you. It’s under contemporary, romance. But, I’m a chicklit and humor fan.

Do you want a career in writing?

Yes. Why not? But, I would like to have two careers in design and in writing. I’m currently working on achieving a decree on Design and wishing hard to have one of my works published. Hahaha…

Who supports you the most in your writing?

My family, particularly my little brother. I know, it’s not something common. We are just close. He always asked me about my progress even though he doesn’t read it. He is not my market anyways. Hahaha…

_________________________

Choose one of your books:

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

My current finished work is titled ‘Meeting Mr. Mogul, it is under the chicklit and general fiction genre.

The story is on the main character’s perspective as she narrates how her life changed when she met a man that would change everything she knew. It revolves about the relationship and how the main character handled an inevitable situation. And, she isn’t someone who let’s anyone, even a man with power, to be little her.

What inspired you to write it?

The entire powerful, and confident woman in my life had inspired me to write the story. I was also inspired by stories I’ve read and feminism. I wanted to write something and show a side of women that people don’t mostly read. Tough, and outspoken women.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

They story is finished. But, I’m currently working on the book two. I always update weekly.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

This story has forty-five chapters plus an epilogue. I don’t really have a say on which is better, as long as the story is told how the writer wanted it to be.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

I’m very amazed by how much feedback I have from the book. At first, I didn’t expect it to get this far, but it’s happening and it’s real. And, I’m very happy and thankful for all my readers for the support and love.

Do you have any advice for new authors?

Advice. Well, I think is just to be you and be optimistic. Don’t give up easily and continue doing what you do. One of these days, people will start to notice and you will get your chance.

And, as for writing itself, don’t limit yourself. If you have an idea, write it all down. There is a chance that the idea will come in handy in the future. It had for me.

She is a very, very good author. Her books are currently ranking high in the Wattpad rankings and she has lots of reads. Her books are very well written and does show that it is important to have well written books to get many reads.