music1or1books

How did you discover Wattpad?

My friend showed me it, she said it was a free place to write and read books so I downloaded the app

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

I had an account before this one, so probably 2 years. I use it almost every day and am always reading something.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

Well, my username is basically the struggle of choosing between music and books.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

I started writing because I always had so many ideas in my head and liked writing them down. I really have always liked writing, and I find snippets of stories from back when I was in kindergarten. So, probably 6 or 7 years old.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

My favorite authors are J.K Rowling, John Green and Marissa Meyer (she wrote the Lunar Chronicles). My favorite books are probably the Harry Potter series, the Lunar Chronicles, The Selection, and the Hunger Games.

Do you want a career in writing?

As a side job, and have another job to stay financially stable.

Who supports you the most in your writing?

My friend supports me the most in my writing.

_____________

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?

My book is called The Village in the Sea. I like to think of it in the Fantasy genre, considering it has curses and powers.

What inspired you to write it?

Honestly, I had a dream that I was trapped in a village in the sea and had to battle to get home.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

I try to update every week, and I last updated yesterday.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

My chapters range from 700-2000 words. I don't think it matters, as long as it doesn't feel rushed or has too much unnecessary details.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

I'm pretty proud of how my book has done, just because I haven't given up on it and I have an entire plot planned out. I don't think my reads are that high, but I still appreciate having as many as I do.

Do you have any advice for new authors?

You just have to write it. Don't write according to what others want to read, write according to what you want to write.

I loved this author's book! Although it was rather informal, it seemed very reader-friendly and I could easily get into it.  The storyline was good and I recommend it!