Chapter Thirty-Five

When the call went through without an answer, Ellie tapped her fingers against her phone and bit hard on her lower lip.

She was outside the building with the pool party already booming and overflowing with exhuberant young adults.

It was amazing how this year's party had a lot of guests, which however could be attributed to Black Panthers's victory. The team had featured their victory party with Funky Fest and Ellie couldn’t be happier.

Dialling the number the second time, Ellie's eyes darted around making sure she hadn't miss him.

"Hey."

The familiar masculine voice said behind her and Ellie turned with a frown.

"Really, Elorm? You couldn't even answer my calls." She seethed.

Elorm furrowed his brows. "You called?"

Rolling her eyes, Ellie watched him fish his phone out from his back pocket.

"Sorry. My phone is on silent." He flashed the screen at her and shrugged. "I was told you were out here waiting for me. For how long, though?"

"Thirty minutes." She replied, still angry.

Elorm clasped his hands together and made a sad face, "I'm sorry."

Ellie sighed. "Okay. So, were you able to call her?"

He furrowed his brows. "Who?"

"Celine!" She gave an exasperated sigh and shook her head. "I told you I saw her yesterday in a bad condition. She seems to be skipping her meals and not getting enough sleep." She bit her lip, "Something's wrong with her, Elorm."

"So what do you want me to do?" He asked flatly.

She hit him on the chest. "You should see her for yourself!"

Elorm rubbed his neck and drifted his eyes from her, "That's none of my business. She'll be fine."

Ellie stepped forward and took his hand, "Being angry won't help. It's okay to forgive." She said calmly, "She needs you."

Staring into her eyes,a smile crept his face and his hand slowly moved to cup her face. "Thank you, Ellie. But, I'm not interested." He said, lifting his eyebrows.

"Gosh,  You can be so stubborn!" Ellie held her head and pulled away.

Chuckling, he held her waist and pulled her closer. "You look cute when you're pissed." He smiled. His eyes raked her body and drifted back to her face, "You have beautiful legs too."

"You're not serious!" She jerked his hands away from her and raised her chin. "From her roommate, Celine will be attending the show. Make sure you talk to her."

He furrowed his brows, the smile wiping from his face. "I'll be busy dancing with you. Unless, you have a date."

Hissing, Ellie turned and strode into the building, leaving Elorm smiling to himself.

She'd visited Celine's hostel after the basketball game only to be told by her roommate that Celine had moved out about a week ago, proceeding her recent break up with her boyfriend, and she had no idea where she was residing now since Celine had abruptly grown distant and secretive.

Jackie, Celine's roommate had refused to give Ellie further information concerning Celine's health , except she was certain Celine was suffering from a paranoia. She'd also refused to give out Celine's contact, thus unless she asked permission from Celine herself.

Ellie shoved her phone in the side pocket of her blue shorts and walked along the pool side, watching excited swimmers drinking and making out in the pool.

"Ellie, over here!" Lily called waving with Felicia and John beside her, all holding a glass of God-knows-what.

She walked towards them and stared at Lily's glass. "You're drinking."

"Martini." Lily grinned. "You want a sip?" She extended the glass towards her.

"No, thank you." Ellie took a step back, shaking her head. She was no way getting boozed today, not when there was no Michael to take her home.

Ellie had been looking for Michael since the party started and disappointed, she couldn’t spot him anywhere. Which was strange because she could see Paula almost everywhere. That girl was always an attention freak.

"You've seen Elorm?" Felicia asked, bringing her glass to her lips.

"Yes. He refused to see nor call Celine. I don't know what the heck is wrong with that guy."

"I understand. She must've really hurt him." Felicia sighed.

"You can say that. He deeply loved her. They were a perfect pair, but sadly she called it off."

"The reason I hate relationship." John said, "I mean, romantic relationships. It's frustrating. And sadly the affection doesn't last long."

"Really?" Lily pouted, looking up from her phone.

"Says the person who has never been in a relationship!" Felicia snickered. "But it's true alright, mostly."

"I've been observing your relationships. It doesn't-" His words cut off when his eyes met with Ellie's. "Uh-oh" he shamefully clasped his hand on his mouth.

"That's alright, John. Four relationships and none worked out, sad story of my life." Ellie said, forcing a smile. She knew that smile couldn't hide the pain in her heart. Why did they always leave? What was she doing wrong? And sadly they never gave her the answers she needed.

John pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her, "You'll be fine."

She nodded. "Of course."

John nodded and smiled. Turning to Lily, he furrowed his brows. "Who are you texting, Madam?"

Lily looked up and quickly hid her phone at her back. She smiled, "No one, just reading old chats."

"With who?" Asked Felicia, squinting her eyes.

"And why should you know?" Lily snapped. "Excuse me, I'll be back." She said and without waiting for an answer, she walked away with her focus back on her phone.

"Don't you think she's been acting real creepy lately?" Felicia asked, glancing back and forth at John and Ellie.

"You think she's hiding something?" Asked the confused Ellie.

"I think she's in love." Felicia answered.

John scoffed. "Well..."

"I'm going to find out who this mysterious guy is. She can't hide him forever."

"Yeah, yeah." John said with a smile, "Good luck, Detective. And a clue; the guy might be closer than you think."

"You know him?" Ellie asked.

John shrugged. "Can't tell."

Felicia nudged him. "You're no help!"

You loved it? Don't forget to Comment And Vote!!!! 💫❤❤❤