Chapter Thirty-Six

Meet me in the locker room, ASAP!

Ashton stared at the message on his phone. He glanced at his friends who were busily giggling and getting wasted.

Coming?

Another message popped up and Ashton quaffed the remaining beer in his glass. Why was Lily asking to meet in the locker when everyone was out here having fun?

Ever since their moment in the changing room back at the boutique, Ashton had been trying hard to avoid her. With the fear of both of them doing something crazy, he realized staying away from her was the best option.

Why hadn't he been able to control himself? Lily was like a sister to him. It wouldn't be nice screwing his own sister! And him of all people should know she wasn't in her right state of mind and so taking advantage of her was disastrous.

"I'm still here, Ash. Are we dancing or not?" The slim bimbo beside him pouted her cherry lips. She was in a red bikini, her large bossom almost tearing the tight bra.

His phone buzzed again and he groaned at the message.

Waiting!

"No, Jenny. Maybe next time." Ashton told her and regardless the disappointed look on her face, he looked away. He tapped Bobby on the shoulder, "I'll be back."

"Don't tell me you're going back to the hostel, Ash." Bobby asked.

"No. I'm around." Ashton replied, "I'll be back."

Bobby nodded and Ashton moved past Jenny. He walked towards the locker room, looking over his shoulder at whoever he passed by.

He paused when he saw Celine by the pool. She wore a worried look on her face and was constantly looking over her shoulder.

Walking on towards the locker room, Ashton stopped by the door. Taking a deep breath, he slowly opened the door.

It creaked slightly and Ashton hesitated for a while before convincing himself to enter the dark, silent room.

He took out his phone from his pocket and switched on the flashlight. With his feet tapping softly on the ceramic tiles, he walked closer, heading to the switch.

"I guess this is the only way to get you away from your friends, Ash." Lily's voice echoed in the room.

Ashton startled, quickly turned to the direction of the voice and threw the light towards her.

Leaning against a locker, Lily had her arms over her chest and a grin on her face. She wore a pink tank top over a green shorts.

"This is a wrong place to meet, Lily." He said, finally catching his breath. His heart was still thumping against his chest and he cringed at the amused, yet creepy grin on Lily's face.

Lily moved from the locker. "No. This place is perfect." She walked to him. "I miss you."

When she stopped in front of him, Ashton moved back. "You're drunk." He said, taking in a sniff of martini from her breath.

Lily shrugged. "Just a glass."

He nodded. "Is there something you want to tell me?" He furrowed his brows and stared at her.

"You've been avoiding me, Ashton." She stepped forward, reaching her hand to touch his chest, "Is it because of what happened at the boutique?" She looked at him.

"Lily, let me turn on the lights. It's pretty creepy in here." He stepped back.

"I thought the dark was better. But anything you want is cool with me." She smiled.