Chapter Fifty-Two

Slamming the door with a loud bang, Ellie followed Ashton into John's room where Lily laid sprawled out on the brown, three-in-one sofa.

With eyes almost popping from their sockets, she watched Lily panting and groaning in the sofa. She stood there motionless, just watching as Ashton rushed to Lily.

"Lillian! Hey!" He yelled, cupping Lily's face in his arms, "Look at me!"

Ellie frowned when Lily suddenly brushed Ashton's hands off her face, "Le...Leave me alone."

"Are you crazy? How can I leave you like this!" He grabbed her hands and coerced her into a piggyback.

Perplexed, Ellie stood a few distance from them and watched with John as Lily struggled to break free from Ashton.

What the heck is going on here?

"Open the door for me!" Ashton yelled at Ellie, causing her to shudder out of fear.

Ellie nodded and rushed to get the door. "What's wrong with her?" She asked as Ashton carried Lily out of the room.

He didn't answer but with a scowl, he trudged towards Ellie's room.

"She's scaring me. I hope everything is fine?" John nudged Ellie.

"How should I know? I'm confused as you are." She followed Ashton into the room where he laid Lily down on her bed.

"Get me warm water and a towel." He said, coming out of the kitchen with a glass of water.

Ellie nodded and entered into the kitchen to do as she was told.

"I told you to take care of yourself. Why did you have to do this?"

She heard Ashton scolding Lily when she returned.

"Why are you acting like you care?"

"I care about you, damn it! How can you even say that?" He hissed. "Drink it now, will you?" He handed the glass of water to her.

Lily groaned, tucking the blanket against herself on the bed. She sat up and grabbed the glass. Taking a long gulp, she released the glass from her lips. "Happy?" She asked, her chest heaving up and down.

Ashton smiled. "Good girl." He took the glass from her and turned towards Ellie.

She handed him the warm water and towel and watched him gently drench the towel and place it on Lily's forehead.

"You should be fine in no time." He said, urging Lily to lay back on the bed.

"Let me get her something to eat, I'm sure she must be hungry." John said and disappeared into the kitchen.

Ellie stood there quietly. She shook herself. Why was her heart heavy at the sight of Ashton showing affection to Lily? She could see the fear in his eyes as he looked at her. It was as if he feared he'd lose her. And It was supposed to make her smile but why was she angry? Why did it hurt her?

When Ashton brushed his hand softly against Lily's cheek, she could feel her heart twinge in response.

And why were they looking at each other like that?

Ellie frowned. She wasn't comfortable with that look.

"How are you feeling now, Lily?" She called.

Lily turned to look at her. "I'm okay."

She nodded. "Great." Looking at Ashton, she met his eyes. "I wouldn't have known what do in this situation. I'm glad you're here."

Ashton smiled. "This happens when she's stressed. I have no idea what she's been thinking about lately." 

Lily sighed. "I'll go to bed now. Good night." She said and turned to her side.

"Not yet. Your food is ready." John said, entering the room from the kitchen.

Lily turned around and sat up. "Thank you."

John smiled, approaching the bed with food.

Ellie smiled as Lily started to eat. Relieved, she sat on her bed and watched her. There was definitely something going on between her and Ashton and she didn't know if she wanted to find out.

Whatever it was, she hoped it wouldn't hurt Lily because there was no way she was going to watch him hurt her best friend.

However, she knew she could relax. It was certain Ashton cared so much about Lily to hurt her.

Loved this chapter? 😎

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! It means a lot ❤🤗