Chapter Eighty

"I had a lovely time, Ash. Thanks." Lily smiled at him when they reached her doorstep. 

That was a lie. Sadly their date didn't go as she'd planned, most of the time Ashton was either absentminded or misunderstanding whatever she said.

She slipped off her hand from his grasp and sighed. "Are you okay? You seem to be having a lot going on in your mind throughout the evening."

"I'm fine, Lillian." He smiled back and reached over to kiss her left cheek softly. "Good night."

A kiss on the cheek?

She didn't want the disappointment to show on her face so she gave him a fake smile. "Good night, Ash."

"Yeah. It's late and you need time to rest. Tomorrow's going to be a big day for us."

Us.

That sounded too sweet in her ears. "Yes, I almost forgot about that!" She giggled.

Ashton smiled. "There's no need to worry. The restaurant will definitely be yours."

"Thanks, Ash. I really needed that." She grinned, "I can sleep soundly now."

He nodded. "Bye." He waved at her and turned to leave.  

Sighing, she stared at him till he disappeared into the front door of his house.

What had he been thinking about? She wondered.

Was it about their relationship?

Did he regret giving them a chance?

Was she not a good girlfriend?

Thoughts ran through her mind as she leaned against the door and stared into space.

Finding no answers to her questions  Lily concluded she was getting insecured for nothing. Ashton could've been thinking about something unrelated to her.

Letting out another sigh, she opened the door and entered the house. Walking into the kitchen, she grabbed a bottle of warm water from the cabinet and took a gulp, sending the remaining with her to the hall.

"Hey. You're still awake?" She asked, surprised to find John alone by the TV.

He smiled, "As you can see."

She turned to the TV and frowned. "What are you watching?"

"It's a sitcom. Adwoa's favourite at the moment." He smiled. "I want to get familiar with it before she starts asking me questions about it when we meet."

"You're watching this late night show because of Adwoa?" Lily asked in shock, sitting beside him in the sofa. She glanced at the wall clock, it was 10:45.

"Yeah. That's crazy, huh?" He asked and chuckled.

"Well, it's kinda sweet though. I never thought a day would come where you'd trade your 8hours of sleep for this, John."

"Me neither." He grinned.

Lily smiled at him and drew the bottle back to her mouth for another gulp. "I wish I could join you, but I'm so tired."

"Oh, no. Go and sleep. You need time to relax." He said, urging her to get up and go.

She placed the bottle beside the sofa on the floor and got up to leave for her room.

"But hey, " He called after her. "How did your date go? You had fun, right?"

Lily nodded. "It was great."