Chapter Eighty-Four

"Is it ready yet?" Ellie called. Seated on her bed with her laptop resting on her laps, she tapped on the touchpal and squinted at the screen.

"Almost!" Lily replied.

Ellie pouted. Lily was only frying plantain and she had taken so long Ellie could barely endure the hunger. Her stomach churned and grumbled.

She'd suggested they cook rice instead, but Lily was headstrong about eating fried plantain so Ellie had to give in.

"Hurry up. I'll be leaving for the library in a bit!"

"I already told you're not going anywhere. Today's our girls' night. Gosh, when was the last time the three of us had a get-together!"

"We can have a girls' night after exams, Lily. I need to learn."

Happy that she had her best friend back, Ellie smiled at herself. Felicia and John had done a great at calming Lily down.

But there was one thing Lily nor anyone refused to tell her. She'd inquired if Lily and Ashton were still together, but they all shunned the question.

She knew Lily wouldn't end her relationship because of this. She adored Ashton and there was no way she wouldn't forgive him. Yet Ellie wanted to be sure. A part of her wanted to know if they'd patched up.

Lily entered the kitchen with a plate and Ellie smiled. "Finally. I nearly fainted."

Lily giggled. "I wouldn't let you."

Setting the laptop aside on the bed, Ellie reached for the plate of fried plantain. "Smells good."

"Yummy." Lily grinned.

Ellie took the fork which laid on the plate and stabbed a plantain into her mouth. She began to fan her mouth, "It's hot!" She said, munching on the plantain. 

"Sorry." Lily flashed her teeth, "I didn't warn you about that."

When her mouth was empty, Ellie shook her head. "I know that's a tease."

Lily chuckled. She sat beside Ellie and glanced at the wall clock.

"What? You've been looking at the clock countless times."

"You've noticed?" Lily smiled sheepishly.

"Of course. You have somewhere to go?"

She shook her head, "Nope. But I'm expecting someone to knock on the door in a minute time."

"Ashton?" Ellie asked. "You have a date?"

Lily sighed. "Not really."

Before she could ask another question,  a knock came at the door. Ellie's heart slammed and she bit her lip.

Looking at her, Lily smiled. "He's here. I'll get the door."

Ellie nodded reluctantly and watched Lily get up and walk to the door.

She instantly brushed her hand softly against the sides of her head, she knew her hair was disheveled. Licking her lips, she held her breath as Lily opened the door.

"Hey, Ashton. Good evening." She heard Lily say.

"Good evening, Lily. I hope I'm right on time?"

"Yes, you are. Come in!" She opened the door wider and let him inside the room.

His eyes met hers and she squirmed. With her heart racing insanely, all Ellie did was gawk at him.

"Hi, Ellie." He said, flashing her a sweet smile.