Chapter Fifty-Eight

Seated in the passenger's side in the taxi, Ellie looked out the window allowing fresh air to brush softly against her face.

She was almost at the destination Michael had suggested and the more the cab approached the site, the more distraught she felt. Did she really want to find out what else Michael was hiding?

Sighing, she glanced at her watch; she had ten minutes more to reach the place or probably turn back and call the meeting off. However somewhere deep within her wanted to believe what Oliver had said.

The cab soon pulled by the roadside, parking at the gates of Parc de Franca. The driver turned to Ellie and smiled when she handed him her fare.

"Thank you." Ellie said, pushed the door open and got down from the car. She brushed a strand of hair over her shoulder and approached the gate.

A feeling of nostalgia gushed through her as she reminisced Michael bringing her to the park on their second date. The place was serene as always and she remembered how they'd spend that night camping and staring at the galaxies.

Ellie smiled. She could never erase that memory from her mind no matter how hard she tried. It was as if he'd glued her mind to it.

Walking through the door, she took out her phone and dialed his number, her eyes scanning the place for him.

He answered the call immediately, his voice deep in her ears. "Ellie. Where are you?"

"I'm here, but I can't find you." She replied, still looking for him. She noticed a guy in a blue T-shirt seated under a tree in one of the lover's bench, "Is that you? Blue T-shirt?"

"Yeah. Come closer, I can see you too."

She saw him get up and approach her. Her heart thumped as she got closer to him. She watched him walk to her in a nonchalant swag, looking so graceful and hot in the T-shirt and denim jeans.

"Hey." He stopped in front of her. He was more handsome than ever and as her heart thumped in her chest, she clenched her fists by her side.

"Hey." She smiled. "You still remember this place?"

He smiled. "You're surprised?"

She shrugged. "I should be."

He reached for her hand and she shuddered. Did he still have that effect on her? Trying not to show her nervousness, she smiled when he gestured her to follow him.

They walked towards the lover's bench he was seated on and motioned her to sit down. Ellie noticed a pile of familiar notes on the seat and she frowned.

When he sat down beside her, Ellie looked at him, "Where did you get these?"

"These?" He asked, pointing at the notes. They were blue in colour and had the same slanted handwriting. "I got them from a freaky guy."

"What?"

He nodded, gathering the notes from the seat. "From someone with the initials T.P. "

Furrowing her brows, she took a note from the pile and glanced down at the inscription. "Stay away from her!"

"What the heck is this?" She asked.

"Here, read the rest."

She took the notes and read them one by one.

"He told me to stay away from you." Michael explained. "I got these creepy notes from him a week after we began dating."

You have a week, Mike. Don't say I didn't warn you!

"And he broke into my car and tampered with the brakes."