Chapter Forty-Seven

"You wanted to tell me something." Ellie looked up from her laptop at Lily. With her hair still wrapped in a bonnet and her body clothed in a blue striped pyjamas, she adjusted the glasses on the bridge of her pointed nose.

"I did?" Lily asked, sipping water from a glass. She rubbed her hand against her grey cotton shorts and walked towards Ellie.

"Yes, please." Ellie lifted her brows and stared at her.

"When was that?"

"Seriously?" Ellie groaned and took out her phone, "Here, that's the message you sent me."

Ellie watched as Lily read the text and frowned when a quick flash of pain shone in her eyes. Was there something Lily was hiding from her?

"Remember now?" Ellie asked.

With a straight face, Lily said, "Forget it. There's nothing to talk about."

Ellie took off her glasses, got up from the bed and walked to her, "Is it about your mom? Is her condition still-"

"There's nothing wrong with my mom. She's fine!" Lily snapped.

Ellie flinched and stepped back at Lily's tone of voice.

"It's too early, don't let me raise my voice at you." She said and walked to the kitchen.

Ellie dumbfounded, watched Lily walk away. Did she wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

"Are you okay?" She shouted but got no reply. Sighing, she sat back on her bed and kept her glasses back on.

She heard a thump from the kitchen and tensed. What the heck was Lily up to?

Hearing her phone ring, she glanced at the screen and her eyes widened. It had been so long! Where had he disappeared to?

Did you sleep well, pretty?

It was her 'Secret Admirer'.

I'm a little surprised that I haven't heard from you for a quite while now.

She texted back, hoping he'd reply.

Oh yeah? You missed me? He replied quickly.

Ellie chuckled. Miss is not the word I'll use. I'm only curious to know who you are, Mr. Anonymous.

He sent a smiley emoji. That's supposed to be a surprise, Ellie. And I'm sure you love the suspense.

Who are you?

Guess.

Ellie bit on her lip, racking her brains in finding out who this person was.

I can't. She texted.

Too bad.

You can give me a clue.

There was no response from him again.

Ellie frowned as she stared at the phone, waiting for an answer from him.

Don't you think you'll be a little disappointed after knowing who I am? His reply suddenly popped up.

Why do you think I'll be?

I don't know. I just love playing my cards this way. I'm guessing it won't be long until you fall in love with me.

Ellie chuckled. This guy must be so full of himself. Let's wait and see.

Is that a challenge?

I guess so.

Alright.

You must know me so well. Prove me right.

*Smiley emoji* Of course, I do, Ms. Eleanor Abena Stevens.

Ellie smiled at the reply.

You're 21. 5 ft 9. You've got the cutest brown eyes I've ever seen. And I've never met anyone who loves ice-cream more than you do.

Ellie grinned. Impressive. Is that all?

No. Let's meet. You can find out what else I know about you.

That's great. Finally you want to reveal yourself.

Tomorrow. At Leo's. 4pm.

Ellie did a quick scan through her schedule for tomorrow. Sure. Tomorrow then.

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Who else wants to know who this admirer this?

Do you have a clue already?

Who is it then?

Drop your comments!!! And don't forget to vote❤