Chapter Fifty

"You're here early, Ellie. That's great." Paula smiled watching as Ellie plop down in the black two-in-one sofa.

"Where's Mr. Sarpong?" Ellie asked, scanning the office.

Paula shrugged and sat down in the chair opposite Mr. Sarpong's desk, she turned to face Ellie, "I don't know. He said we should wait for him."

Ellie groaned. She fished out her cellphone from her purse, trying to distract herself to pass time. She looked down on her phone, hating the amused yet creepy look on Paula's face watching her intently. "Is there a problem?"

Paula chuckled. "Nope. I'm just wondering why you hate me so much, Ellie."

Lifting up her head, she looked at Paula.

"Isn't that weird? Considering the fact that we've known each other since primary." Paula shrugged.

"And what makes you think I want to be friends?" Ellie squinted her eyes. What was Paula up to with this conversation?

"Is it Michael? Don't tell me you're still not over him."

"Could you for once stop talking about him?" Ellie snapped, "Cos it seem to me that you're still insecure even with the fact that he chose you over me."

Paula smiled. "You know you're very pretty, it wouldn't make sense for me not to get insecured around you."

Amused, Ellie chuckled. "Too bad for you."

Paula grinned. "No, actually I like that. I really do."

Ellie shook her head. "You're getting creepy, and would you stop looking at me like that?"

"Maybe I should let you know a secret. But I don't know how you're going to react to it though." She smiled.

"What?" Since when did Paula feel so secured to tell her her secrets? She was up to no good and Ellie didn't want to go on that path with her.

"It's about Michael and I. We're -"

The door burst open and Elorm Mr. Sarpong poked his head, looking at them through his glasses. "I'm here." He smiled, opened the door wider and entered the office.

Ellie straightened in her chair as Mr. Sarpong approached them.

"I'll let you know later." Paula whispered at Ellie.

Rolling her eyes, Ellie shook her head. When would this girl stop been annoying! 

"Alright. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting." Mr. Sarpong walked to his desk and rounded it to sit on the swivel chair. With his arm resting on the desk, he glanced at Paula and Ellie through his glasses.

Ellie pursed her lips, a feeling of uneasiness flashed through her body as she stared back at Mr. Sarpong. She knew that look so well and could tell something was up.

"What's wrong?" Ellie asked.

Mr. Sarpong sighed and took of his glasses. "I'm sorry but I can't allow you to host the Orange Show any longer, Ellie." He blurted out.

Ellie's face fell. "What?"

"Yes. According to popular request; they prefer Paula hosting the show to you. I'm truly sorry." He said, trying not to meet Ellie's horrified look.

"You've got to be kidding me." Ellie clenched her fists. He had to be joking. Right? But the grim look on his face said he was very serious. "So what does this mean, you're firing me?"

Mr. Sarpong sighed and hang his head. "You can host the upcoming show, I'm sure you do better with that one..." His voice trailed when Ellie sighed loudly.