Chapter Sixty-Seven

"Sit down, I'll get you water." Ashton helped Ellie unto the bed, carefully tucking her legs under the sheets with a grim look on his face.

He straightened up and sighed. "You're okay now?" He asked.

Ellie nodded. She tried to hide her smile as he strode into the kitchen. There was nothing wrong with her but he was acting like she was hurt. She knew arguing with him would be futile so she'd just keep quiet and enjoy his care.

She propped the pillows behind her and leaned against the headboard, resting her head on the wall.

She needed to call Michael. How was he handling the news about Paula?

Picking up her phone and swiping up, she noticed she'd missed calls from Felicia.

She dialed the number and placed it against her ear.

"Ellie, are you alright?" Felicia asked, "Ashton called us."

Ellie sighed. "I'm fine, Felicia. There's nothing to worry about."

"And where's Ashton? I hope he's still there with you?"

"Yes. He's here. And Paula has been taken to the station for questioning."

Felicia sighed. "Good to hear. We'll be there soon."

"Don't rush. I'm doing okay."

"Gosh, why does something happen each time we leave?"

"Relax, Felicia. At least, everything's fine."

"Alright. Take care."

"Sure." Ellie smiled and hang up. Placing down the phone beside her, she buried her face in her palms.

"Sleeping?" Ashton entered the room with a tray of plates and a glass of water."

Ellie lifted her head to look at him.

"You almost burnt your rice." He smirked, walking closer to her.

"Yeah. I got distracted." Ellie sighed. "I'm glad I didn't burn this room instead."

He chuckled and set the tray on the bed. He sat down and looked at Ellie, "You need to eat something."

She nodded. "I don't think I can refuse, I'm liking how you're pampering me."

He smiled. "And I can do more, since you like it."

The way his voice suddenly turned raspy sent her blood rippling. She looked at him and smiled shyly, "I see."

He took off the lids from the plates and she watched him scoop sauce on the rice. "Here," raising the spoon, he urged her to open her mouth.

She obeyed and allowed him to feed her. Each time their eyes would meet, a quick shiver would flash through her.

"You're good, unlike Lily." He chuckled when he realized the plate was almost empty. "That stubborn girl would've eaten just a spoon. She's not really a rice fan."

Ellie's face fell. It seemed he couldn't hold a conversation without including Lily. When he looked at her, Ellie forced a smile. "You're right."

Ashton nodded. He set the tray aside and handed her the glass of water.

She took a gulp and burped. She sheepishly clasped her hand over her mouth to hide her embarrassment.

Ashton laughed. "OMG, you won't stop being cute, huh?"

She took her hand away and smiled. "That wasn't cute, Ashton."

"Everything about you is, Ellie." He raised his brows and smirked.