Chapter Seventy-Eight

"Aren't you guys the best friends ever?" Lily smiled, stretching her arms as she walked towards John, Ellie and Felicia in the three-in-one sofa. They were busily munching on the cupcakes she'd baked in the afternoon.

"No, no. Don't start again with those tears, Lily." Felicia shot her a glare and Lily let out a laugh.

"I can't help it. You always drive me to tears. I'm blessed to have you all in my life." Lily bend over and wrapped her arms around her friends.

Ellie pulled Lily into her arms and hugged her tightly. She hadn't seen Lily so happy in such a while and doubting it could merely be the fact that they'd come around for the court hearing tomorrow, she knew something else was making her this much happy.

Not that she disliked Lily's current mood, she just found it slightly suspicious. It could be that she was just glad her mother's health had amazingly improved, Ellie thought.

Lily pulled away and sighed. "I can't wait for tomorrow to hear that we have our restaurant back. Imagine how excited I'll be."

"You're already squealing, Lily. Relax. We can't celebrate just yet." Felicia said, eyeing Lily.

"You're right. Those devils could go to lengths to have the restaurant in their custody." Lily bit on her lower lip anxiously and sighed. The devils, she referred to as her father's relatives.

"No matter what they do, you and your mom are getting the restaurant back." Ellie consoled. "Isn't that what Ashton said, that your lawyer's undefeated?"

Lily smiled. "Yes. Thanks, Ellie. I feel relaxed now."

"Let's pray and hope for the best." Added Ellie, giving Lily a sweet smile.

"Food is ready!" Serwaa, Lily's sixteen year old cousin who'd been helping around the house announced, peering her head at the door from the kitchen.

"Is the table set?" Lily asked, looking over her shoulder at Serwaa.

Shaking her head, Serwaa gave a sheepish grin and returned to the kitchen to set the food on the dinning table.

Lily held her head and sighed. "She's always waiting for something to be done. Such a sweet girl, but a little annoying."

"She's a cutie. That smile she just gave sent my heart skipping a beat." John teased.

With a frown, Lily hissed. "Stay away from that little girl."

"Unless you want me to call Adwoa and tell her you're flirting with a youngster." Felicia lifted her chin at John.

At the mention of Adwoa's name, Ellie could see a glint of amusement in John's eyes and the way his lips curved into a smile in sync. Gosh, can just the mention of a girl's name make him look this boyish?

"And don't forget you guys ruined my date for me. I was supposed to take her out on our first date, but here I am eating cupcakes." He pouted, eyeing the remaining cupcakes on the tray.

Ellie shook her head.

"Adwoa? You guys are dating?" Lily exclaimed. "Since when?"

"Yesterday. You should have seen the courage he mustered to her table to ask her out."

"And she said yes?" Lily asked in doubt.

"Of course, she did. Who'd be able to resist this fine face?" John answered, flashing his white teeth.

Lily failed at stifling a laugh. She clasped her hand over her mouth and shook her head, "No way!"

"Yes, she did. Tonight was supposed to be their first date, but he placed you first. He'd reschedule with Adwoa once we get back to school." Ellie replied.