Chapter Seventy-Five

The drive back to campus felt like eternity and Ellie was impatient to escape the awkward moment. It was such a relief when the car finally came to a stop in front of her hostel and she got down.

She couldn't blame Ashton for been awfully quiet throughout their drive and at a point, she was tempted to take his hand and confess her feelings to him.

Since when did loving someone became this difficult? It was her fault though, if only she hadn't allow herself to be trapped in this love triangle.

Their kiss in the ladies' washroom flashed through her mind and she shuddered. Why was he such a great kisser? He'd practically sent her body melting like an ice cream in the sun and she doubted if he knew the effect he had on her each time he kissed her like that.

Would it have been bad if she'd wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back?

Her insides screamed at her, alerting her how much she'd missed those lips. If he'd kissed her a little longer, she was sure she'd have confessed her feelings to him. Thank God the kiss ended too soon!

Ellie turned the door knob of her room and was glad it was unlocked. She slipped inside and threw her purse in the sofa.

Felicia who was watching something on her laptop lifted her head and looked at Ellie with a confused expression, "Hey, you're back."

Ellie groaned. "Obviously." She walked towards Felicia on the bed as she slipped off her heels. "What are you watching?"

"That's not necessary. Tell me, how did it go?" Felicia shifted the laptop farther from her and gave Ellie a curious look, her lips curling into a smile. 

Grabbing the bowl of ice cream which sat beside Felicia, Ellie scooped a spoonful into her mouth. "Normal."

Frowning, Felicia tilted her head. "Really?"

Ellie nodded. "Yeah. It was normal."

"C'mon, just spill out all that happened. Where did you go? What happened?"

Rolling her eyes, Ellie sat on the bed. "It seems you won't get off my neck if I  don't gist you, right?"

"Absolutely. You know me very well, now spill it." Felicia grinned.

Sighing, Ellie narrated to her what had happened. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Gawking at Ellie, Felicia shook her head. "You told him you don't love him?"

Ellie nodded. "Yes?"

"OMG, Ellie. You're unbelievable!" Felicia held her head in disappointment. "Why did you have to lie like that?"

"I didn't lie. It was the truth. Ashton and I are a wrong pair. We're incompatible!"

"Just look at you! Who are you trying to convince with that lie?"

Ellie pursed her lips. "Ashton and I can't be together, Felicia. Alright, I'll admit that I have feelings for him, but what next? I should go on and date him when Lily probably loves him more than I do?"

"Oh please. Lily will get over him."

"You should consider her feelings too, Felicia. It's not easy getting over someone you truly love."

Felicia sneered. "Whatever. Suit yourself and dash your happiness away like that."

"It's called sacrifice. I know Lily would've done the same if she was in my shoes."

"Well, I wouldn't. I can't do that."

"I know." Ellie lifted her brows at her. She placed down the ice cream and walked towards to the closet to change into her sleepwear.