Chapter Forty-Two

Ellie sighed when they entered the gates of the hostel after paying their fare. It had been a long day hanging out with Felicia and Elorm and she'd had lots of fun.

It was strange and nice how much Elorm knew how to please her. He always had ways of brightening up her mood and she loved that about him.

She'd always believed any girl who'd date him would be lucky. He was good-looking, caring and funny. The qualities most ladies look for in a man. However to Ellie, he was no more than a friend.

She saw him as the brother she never had and was always grateful for the great relationship between them. It was such a shame his love life was similar to hers. He wasn't lucky with girls.

She began ascending the stairs with Felicia walking closely behind her.

"Why's Lily not picking up her phone?" Felicia grunted, her eyes glaring at the screen of her smartphone.

"I guess she's with Ashton. He took her to the hospital." Ellie replied.

"Ashton?" Felicia asked with amusement. "Talking about him, what's up?"

Ellie paused and turned to her. "What do you mean 'what's up?' " she furrowed her brows.

"That guy likes you, Ellie. You should notice how he acts around you."

Ellie rolled her eyes. "I think you should realize how he acts around Lily rather. I'm sure both of them will make a lovely pair."

"They're just friends." Felicia said, raising her eyebrows.

Ellie shook her head. "They're more than that." She hoped saying this would stop Felicia from anticipating anything between Ashton and her.

Felicia frowned. "That's not true."

Ellie shrugged and walked on. She came to an abrupt stop on the lander and squinted her eyes.

Michael?

Her heart slammed as she stared blindly at him and Oliver in front of her room.

"What the heck is going on?" Felicia asked, looking at Oliver and Michael too. "Now that's a lot creepier. You can't tell me those two are friends."

Ellie didn't want to believe that watching the two guys smile about something.

Oliver was facing them and Michael had his side towards them. And swiftly, Oliver's face crept into a frown when he noticed Ellie and Felicia. And as Ellie expected, Michael turned to look at them.

Sharing a minute of an awkward silence, Ellie found her feet. She walked towards the two guys, her eyes still fixed on Michael.

He looked a lot handsome than the last time she'd seen him. He had a clean now had haircut; the hair on his sides were faded nicely to enhance his gorgeous features. His full lips were parted slightly and his brows were furrowed.

He wore a green T-shirt over a black khaki pants, his hands tucked into his pockets. Ellie could sense his uneasiness and she watched him pull out his hands from his pockets.

"Hey." Ellie said.

"Hi." He said, clearing his throat. "I was actually on my way out of here after knowing there's no one in your room."

He came to see her?

"Oh. How long have you been here?" And why are you here? She silently asked.

"About fifteen minutes." He said. "Not so long, I guess."

Ellie glanced at Oliver who was gazing at her. "You guys know each other?"

"Uh..." Michael said and when Ellie looked at him, he sighed. "Yes. He's a great friend of mine."

Ellie frowned. She knew all his friends, why not this weirdo? And why would he make friends with someone like him?

"Told you on our first meeting that I was looking for the right time to introduce myself to you. By then he wouldnt stop gushing so much about you. And my guilty pleasure, I loved to hear about you."

That explained how weirdly he'd been sharing at her.

"But unfortunately you guys broke up. So I had to come up to you myself."

"I see." Felicia said.

"You want to come in?" Ellie asked Michael.

"I have somewhere to go. Maybe next time." He replied.

Not knowing whether to be disappointed or relieved, Ellie nodded. "Sure."

Michael moved aside so Ellie and Felicia could enter the room.

"See you around, Ellie." He said.

She nodded and nervously entered the room, followed by Felicia.