Chapter Sixty-Three

"OMG, Ellie. I still can't stop beating myself up for leaving you alone in that room." Felicia's soft voice said with concern.

Ellie rolled her eyes. She knew telling Felicia what had happened would surely make her overreact, but it felt good to have someone comfort her.

"He's the Secret Admirer all along? I knew that guy had the hots for you, you could see it in the way he looks at you."

"No. It's still not confirmed yet, but I can't help but wonder why Michael didn't show up last night. He's been itching to catch the guy who nearly took his life. This could have been his chance."

"And you're convinced Elorm could've done such a thing? He doesn't seem like the type to even hurt a fly."

"Looks can be deceiving, Felicia. At this moment, everyone can be a suspect. What happened last night has changed my mind completely about him. He was a different person, I've never seen that side of him."

"Hmm.... I can't say much about that. Love can surely turn people into beasts."

Ellie sighed. Indeed. She still couldn't have fathomed what Elorm could've done had it not been Oliver barging into her room.

"We're on our way to school. Lily's asleep in the backseat, she's been stressed taking care of her mother the whole day."

"I understand. I'm sure she's still having thoughts about leaving her mom alone with just her cousin."

"You can say that again. John and I had to persuade her that everything would be fine before she finally agreed to come with us to school."

Ellie chuckled. Classic Lily. "I'm glad she's doing fine herself, I don't want her fainting like last time."

"She's good. She's just tired."

"Good to hear. Safe journey back to school."

"Thank you. And please, do not open up the door to anyone else till we get to school. For your own safety."

Ellie smiled. "Yes, Mother."

"Good girl."

She heard Felicia chuckle before she disconnected the call. Ellie tossed the phone on the bed and crouched on the bed, leaning her head against the headboard.

If only she could fight all the negative thoughts away from her mind, something she couldn't do even from the long sleep she had.

She heard her phone ring and she reached to grab it. Staring at the unknown caller for a brief moment, she answered the call and placed the phone by her ear.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon, Ellie." A familiar feminine voice sounded on the other end of the call, causing Ellie to furrow her brows in trying to figure out who the caller was.

"This is Naomi. Your father's secretary."

Ellie frowned At least she still knew her rightful place, nothing but her father's secretary. One whom she'd craftily seduced.

"Yes?" She asked flatly. Why was she even calling her?

"I'm in your school. I was hoping if we could meet and talk?"

Meet and talk about what? Who gave her the impression she was interested in that?

"I am actually bus-"

"Don't turn me down, Ellie. I'm sure there are things you want to ask me about, this is the right time to."

Ellie sighed. Of course there were things she wanted to know. Like why she chose to be a homewrecker!

"I'll be waiting for you here in the cafeteria. Please do come." Naomi's voice sounded persuasive and Ellie couldn't help but agree.

"Alright."

"Thanks. I'm waiting."

She got up from the bed after the call ended and walked into the washroom to take a cold shower.

*******

"You look stunning, Ellie. As always." Naomi complimented, gazing affectionately at Ellie who sat opposite her on the table.

Ellie restrained herself from rolling her eyes, until when would she spill out what she came to talk to her about?

She'd been at the cafeteria for almost fifteen minutes yet all Naomi had been doing was to compliment her on her looks and how happy she was to meet her.

"Thank you. I've got fifteen minutes left, Naomi. Could you please tell me why you asked to meet?"

Naomi nodded and smiled. Her cheeks had increased in size and she'd grown a little bigger. "Yes, honey. Absolutely."

Ellie placed down her phone on the table and looked at her.

"It's obvious you hate me, but whatever convinced you to meet me, I'm grateful." She began.

"I don't hate you, Naomi. I just don't understand why you ruined my family. You knew how much my parents were in love!"

"You're wrong." Naomi cut in. "Your father was never in love. He was only holding unto the marriage because of you. He didn't want to hurt you."

"Is this the reason why you called me? To rub in my face how you seduced my father?"

"No. I only helped him." Naomi shook her head. "He was never happy in that home. You should hear him out. Your mother -"

"Enough!" Ellie snapped, pulled the chair back and got up, grabbing her phone in the process. "I should have known you didn't have anything important to tell me."

"I'm not done, Ellie."

"I'm not listening to anymore nonsense from you, Naomi. You've got what you wanted, what's the use of throwing shades?"

Naomi pursed her lips. "Look at you, as rude as your mother!"

Ellie held in her anger bolting down her spine, clenching her fists and holding her breath. Without a word, she turned and stomped out of the cafeteria.

It was rather embarrassing that her father's infidelity had caused his secretary to have the guts to insult her parents' marriage. She couldn't agree less with her mother, a man like him wasn't worth the efforts they'd kept in trying so hard to save their family. She could no longer wait for him to get out of their lives.