Chapter Forty-Five

Ashton paused, the glass of water halfway closer to his mouth. He turned towards the door and grimaced, who was knocking on the door at this hour?

Guessing it might be Matt and Bobby returning from the drink up party, Ashton placed the glass down on the headboard and got up from the bed.

He slipped his feet inside the black slides and staggered to get the door. With his hand on the doorknob and after turning the key, Ashton slowly opened the door.

"Good evening. I hope you don't mind me dropping by to say hi?"

Ashton furrowed his brows at the smiley face of Lily Agyemang. "No." He simply said.

Her face fell and she glanced at her fingers, "You've been avoiding me, Ashton. Why are you not answering my calls?"

Ashton muffled a groan and touched his nape, rubbing it gently to coax the sudden stress he was feeling. "I've not seen your calls, Lillian." He opened the door wider and ushered her to enter the room. He tried to keep his eyes away, refusing to look at her.

Lily entered with a sigh. She walked towards Ashton's bed and sat down. "Liar." She said, "Just tell me you don't want to speak to me."

"And what makes you think so?"

She looked at him and placing her purse on the bed, she shrugged, "You tell me."

Ashton sighed. His eyes fell on her thighs which were slightly exposed and spread apart. Lily wore a black, short sleeved, tight dress which tucked on every curve on her body.

"Ashton?" She called, watching as his eyes drift from her legs to her face. "You haven't told me the reason yet."

"Your mother. How's she doing?" He asked, ignoring her question.

She frowned. "She's fine, Ashton. But that's not why I'm here." She lifted her head, looking straight at him.

Ashton groaned, "Look, Lillian. Can we just stop this? This whole thing is beginning to get on my nerves. There's no reason to avoid you okay?"

"Then how bad was it calling you my boyfriend? It seemed like you didn't like it. Was I too fast? I thought -"

"Stop it. Just stop it." He cut her off.

"Why?" She frowned. "Don't tell me you're shy? I know we should have talked about it before I blurted it out in front of Ellie."

"You're kidding right? All of this." He lifted his brows, a grim look on his face.

"What?" A surprised look on her face, she grimaced. "You can't have sex with me and pretend like it never happened, Ashton."

"I thought that was what we agreed on. Pretend like it never happened."

She scoffed. "Really? And that's so easy to do? Like it never happened?"

"What we did shouldn't have happened, Lillian." He looked straight into her eyes.

"Liar. From the way you touched me,  How you kept on mentioning my name... Don't tell me you felt nothing!"

"And don't you forget that you seduced me. I didn't want to do it." He said, looking away.

Lily got up from the bed and walked to him. "I seduced you? You took my virginity, Ashton. Does that not mean anything to you?" She whispered in a shaky voice.

Virginity? She was a virgin? Ashton refused to believe his ears.

"I've always wanted to share this special moment with you. Do you know how hard it was for me to profess my love to you? Have you any idea how depressing it was watching you date other girls? You never once saw me as anything past a friend!"

Ashton was silent. He only stared as tears welled up in Lily's eyes.

"Do you have any idea how great it felt with your hands on my skin? I can't stop wanting more. What's wrong with us being a couple? After all, our parents already support it." She touched his face softly.

"I'm sorry about that, Lily. If I knew you'd waited for a loser like me, I wouldn't have allowed myself to take advantage of you." He touched her hand on his face and slipped it down. "You deserve better, Lillian. I can't give you what you want."

"Why?" A tear slipped down her face as she looked up at him.

"Because, I love someone else." He blurted. Knowing it was going to break her heart, he figured her knowing would help her move on. He was aware their parents had tried hooking them up, but never had he considered Lily to give in to their crazy fantasy.

"What?" She whispered, almost impossible to hear.

"You're like a sister to me, Lillian. I can't have have romantic feelings for you, it's not right."

"I'm NOT your sister! I love you!" Her voice cracked. "Why don't you want to understand that I can't see you as a bother, especially not after what happened between us at the locker room." She mumbled.

Ashton held her closer. "I know, but you'll be fine."

She pulled away. "Who's she? Do I know her?"

Ashton bit on his lip. Things were getting awkward. He can't tell Lily about that.

"Tell me, Ashton!" She said, wiping away the tears.

When he was silent, she held her waist and shook her head. "Don't tell me it's who I think it is?"

He looked at her, his heart beating hard against his chest.

"Ellie?"

He gulped, refusing to look at her.

"You're in love my best friend?" She asked again.

"Look, Lilian-"

"When? H-how did it happen?"

"Listen to me..." He reached for her hand.

"Let go of me, Ashton." She shoved him off. Reaching for her purse, she glared at him before moving to the door.

"Lillian, listen!" He tried calling after her but she slammed the door, walking away.

Ashton walked to his bed and sighed, burying his face in his palms dejectedly. Now what? This wasn't how he'd planned for things to go. She wasn't supposed to find out this way. And hating to accept it, he dreaded what was going to happen next.

He felt like a jerk. He should have resisted that stupid urge that night, now his desires had landed him in a mess he couldn't clear.

      🎉🎉🎉

Love this chapter? Don't forget to vote!!! ❤❤❤