Chapter Fourteen

“That’s sweet, Ellie.” Felicia glanced at Ellie who had her face turned to the window as the driver drove them to La Lune resort. She gave her a soft nudge and chuckled. “I’m sure he can’t get over you. It could’ve been Paula's doing to craftily seduce him into...”

“You need to stop talking about it, Felicia. There’s nothing sweet about this.” Ellie replied, refusing to look at the amused Felicia. She didn’t want to be confused anymore, not when she’d finally decided to stop thinking about Michael. If he indeed couldn’t get over her, why then was he still with Paula?

“Then why won’t you dump the note?” John asked.

Ellie turned to look at him. She bit her lip. That was a question she had no answer for. As much as she disliked Michael for trying to play with her heart, Ellie couldn’t get rid of the note. It felt good each time she reread it. “I don’t know.”

John sighed. “You do know.” He gave her a stern look, “You still love him and don’t you dare try to deny it.”

Ellie flinched at the tone of his voice. “Hey, relax.” She chuckled.

“What about Ashton? He seems like a good guy, and it’s obvious he likes you.” Felicia said. “And obvious you like him too...”

Ellie shook her head and looked out the window.“Can’t you guys talk about something else? If not, then please be quiet the rest of our drive.”

Felicia sighed. “As you wish.”

Ellie exhaled, clenching her fists and trying her best not to fantasize about anyone. She didn’t want to think about how good it’d feel to love and be loved. She was doing so well as single, or so she thought.

About fifteen minutes later, the cab pulled in front of La Lune resort; luxurious beach resort with modern style buildings. They were stopped by the security who eventually allowed them inside after a search and verification.

“Wow, this place is beautiful!” Felicia exclaimed and her eyes shone with excitement. With her mouth wide opened, she admired the resort. 

“It is.” Ellie smiled back, enjoying the view of the resort with Felicia as the cab made its way through the gates.

“So, are you going to call Lily or not? I guess this is where the surprise ends since we don’t know our way out anywhere around here.” John said, taking out his phone from his pocket.

“No, not yet. At least let’s take a tour first.” Felicia pouted.

“The driver doesn’t have all day for this, Felicia. We can do that after unpacking our luggage.” John said.

Felicia sighed. “Too bad. You can go on and call Lily then.”

The driver halted in front of the entrance and glanced at them at the backseat. “I guess we’ve reached.”

“Yes. Thanks.” Felicia said and reached for the door.

Ellie did same on the other side of the door and they hopped down. John walked to the boot with the driver to get their luggage with his phone held against his left ear trying to call Lily.

“Hello, Cutie.” He said into the phone with a grin on his face. “Can you come to the entrance of your resort? I’ve got a surprise for you.”  He lifted his duffel bag from the boot and placed it down on the ground, with the driver placing down Ellie and Felicia’s suitcase.

“What did she say?” Ellie whispered at John. She frowned when John chuckled, his attention still on the call. “John?”

He furrowed his brows and looked at her. Taking the phone away from his ear he whispered back, “She wouldn’t stop asking questions, I’ll have to find a way to get her ass down here.”

Ellie nodded with a smile. That sounded exactly like Lily. She’d always ask questions whenever they tried to surprise her. Sometimes some of her questions were super annoying!

“Maybe you should talk to her.” John said.

Ellie shook her head. “No. She’s going to find out we’re here. That’s too sudden for her to know.”

John rolled his eyes and sighed. “Alright.” He placed back the phone to his ear. “Are you going to come down or not?” He said in an irritated voice.

After a while, he hang up and sighed. “She'll be done soon.” He said with his eyes glued to his phone.

“Great.” Felicia smiled. She waved to the driver and bid him a safe journey back on the road. 

They waited patiently for Lily to come down. Ellie's phone buzzed in her back pocket and she hurriedly fished it out with a frown. Glancing at the screen, her brows furrowed at the message notification on her phone. Swiping to read, she noticed it was from an unknown number.

Did anyone ever tell you that you look sweet in green? I love how it flatters your beautiful melanin tone. We might be far at the moment but just know that I’m always close, Ellie. Closer than you can think of. Stay safe and have a nice trip. Xoxo

Ellie looked over her shoulder and squinted her eyes. Was there someone stalking her? She glanced again at the message and reread it.

“What’s wrong?” Felicia asked. “You’re looking for someone?”

“No. But I think someone is-” She handed her phone to Felicia. “Read this.”

Felicia nodded and stared down at the message. A smile spread across her lips and she lifted her eyes to look at Ellie. “Wow, another sweet message.”

“It’s from an unknown number. Do you think Michael sent it?” Ellie asked. If it was him then what was he up to with sending her those messages. And how did he know about the trip?

“I can’t tell, Ellie. What I know is that this person is trying to remain anonymous. And that’s sweet.” Felicia grinned.

“Another message from your secret admirer?” John asked, looking up from his phone.

Felicia nodded. “You bet.”

“Interesting.” He said and looked back on his phone.

Ellie sighed. She shoved her phone back into her back pocket and just then she heard a loud screech. She followed the sound and glanced the entryway. There stood Lillian Agyemang-Asenso grinning like an idiot from ear to ear.

“OMG! You said you’d come tomorrow!” She said and strode towards them in black skinny jeans and a white T-shirt. She was slender and legged, her pretty brown face shinning with joy as she approached them.

Ellie stretched her arms and met Lily mid way for a hug. “You’re looking good!” She squeezed Lily softly.

“And I miss you!” Lily replied,
“But you’ve got to loosen your grip, you’re suffocating me.” She joked, feigning a cough.

Ellie released her and they smiled at each other. She watched as Lily walked to Felicia and John.

“This was a surprise, right? Thanks guys.” She smiled.

“Of course, Cutie.” John smiled back.

“I knew you were up to something when you asked me to come down.” She said to John and pulled Felicia into her arms. “I’m glad you didn’t make an excuse to miss my big day.”

“Oh please.” Felicia rolled her eyes and chuckled. “I wouldn’t miss it, knowing how much it means to you. We’re here to support you.”

“Thanks.” Lily smiled, her dimples showing beautifully on her cheeks.

“Can we go inside and unpack now?” John asked with a grunt.

“Of course, but I’ll have to let the management know you’re here. They’ll take care of your lodge.” Lily replied.

“Alright. That’s cool.” He said and slipped his phone inside his duffel bag.

“And I’m starving too!” Felicia groaned.

“I was expecting that from you.” Lily giggled.