Chapter Fifty-Five

"I never imagined him to be a shy guy, honestly. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's pretending." Felicia grinned. "You should've seen how he shook when I leaned in for a kiss." She laughed. "Just a kiss, Ellie. Just a kiss!"

Ellie chuckled. "Leave that 'good boy' alone, Felicia. He doesn't deserve that torture."

Felicia snickered. "You mean 'pleasure'?"

"He didn't see it like that."

"And I'm not sure he's never had a girl. I don't trust these self-proclaimed good guys one bit."

Ellie walked past the portal's counter and towards the staircase. "I'm surprised you're still interested in him. Didn't you like your guys wild and hot?"

"Just like Michael. I was obsessed with that guy!"

Ellie shot her a glare. "Him too?"

Felicia shrugged and grinned sheepishly. "You can't blame me. I can't handle hot things."

Ellie shook her head. "You're a hoe and you know it."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

Ellie rolled her eyes. Trust Felicia to flirt with every cute guy. And although Sammy seemed like a cool guy, Ellie was sure Felicia would soon dump him. She'd never dated a 'good boy' after Jimmy. She considered them to be boring. That crazy girl!

They soon arrived on the landing and Ellie paused, looking straight at a familiar figure by her door with Oliver.

"Paula?" Felicia asked. "What's she doing here?"

"I hope she's not here to cause drama."

"I'll beat her up if she tries anything funny." Felicia replied.

With a chuckle, Ellie strode towards Paula and Oliver.

"Hey. Finally." Paula smiled at her with a wave.

"What do you want, Paula?"

"I'm here to say that I'm sorry."

Surprised, Ellie lifted her brows. "For what?"

Paula smiled. "I just sent in my resignation letter and came here to let you know that I quit working at the studio."

"Why?" She hoped Paula wasn't mocking her.

"Everyone knows that you're the best host for The Orange Show. I can't take your place."

Ellie looked at her. She wasn't buying that.

"I know it's crazy, but I only came to the studio with the sole aim of pissing you off. I'm no way interested in being a radio personality but let's say I wanted to show myself I can do whatever you can." Paula shrugged.

Ellie scoffed, holding her waist. Yeah, right. Now isn't that witchcraft?

"Yeah. So you can go back to the show, I'm sure he'll take you back."

"And who says she wants to go back? You've got what you wanted so what again?" Felicia chimed in.

"No. I told you, I can't take her place."

"You should've known that earlier before you snatched her boyfriend!" Felicia hissed.

"That's not true." Oliver interrupted.

"Enough!" Ellie snapped. She took in a deep breath and lifted up her hand. "Can you stop talking?"

"Who told you Paula and Michael are dating? They're -" Oliver began but Paula cut in.

"Shut up, Oliver. Now's not the time for her to know."

"Know what?" Demanded Felicia.

"That they're cousins and not lovers." Answered Oliver.

Ellie's furrowed her brows and turned to look at Oliver.

He nodded. "Yes. That's the truth."

"Aren't you annoying!" Paula glared at Oliver, gritting her teeth.

"You want us to believe that?" Demanded Felicia.

"You can confirm from Michael. He won't lie to you."

Pursing her lips, Ellie stared at Paula. She didn't know whether to believe what she'd heard or not, but Paula's expressions showed it was true.

How come she never knew?

Although she didn't know all of his family, it should have been easy to know Paula was his cousin.

"Why did you lie then?" Holding her waist, Felicia asked Paula. "Everything showed both of you were in a relationship."

"That's because they had to pretend for a reason only Michael can tell you." Replied Oliver.

Pretend? Was this what Michael had been wanting to tell her for a while now?

"See you later, Ellie. And the studio is all yours. You can go back." With that, Paula strode away.

"You shouldn't be so surprised, Ellie." Oliver touched her face with his index finger.

Ellie brushed off his hand and stepped back.

"I was asked to watch over you and ward off the bad guys by your boyfriend. He never stopped loving you." Oliver added with a wink.

Ellie furrowed her brows. What?

Oliver smiled and turned to leave. "See you."

When he'd disappeared into his room, Ellie released the air she'd been holding.

"You don't believe that, do you?" Felicia asked, touching Ellie on the shoulder.

"I don't know. I'll have to speak with Michael."

Felicia nodded. "Sure."

Ellie sighed and took out her room keys and entered the room with Felicia.