Chapter Three

Ellie had woken up early the next morning, and seeing Ashton still asleep, she immediately grabbed the opportunity to take a bath and change her clothes. She went into the small kitchen inside the room and boiled water to make tea.

Returning to the room, she stopped in her tracks and gazed at Ashton stretching on the bed. He was finally awake. What a relief! She couldn’t wait to send him off.

She watched him sit up on the bed and her pulse quickened at the sight of his bare chest and biceps. As if she’d turned into a stone, she stood there motionless with her eyes refusing to look nowhere but his abs. She had a thing for masculine men, and not to mention the ones with fine face too.

Ellie gulped and her stomach tightened as her eyes traced down his chest.

“Good morning. I can’t believe I overslept.” He groaned and stretched again, before tossing off the sheets and getting down from the bed.

She could hear her heart beating faster and she shuddered upon seeing him in nothing but a blue boxer briefs which only enhanced his groin than covering them. She gulped again and tried to look away.

“I'm sorry, Ellie. I can’t sleep in clothes, so I had to take them off. I hope you don’t mind?” He said softly.

Ellie looked at him. “It's alright.” She said, but there was something about the way he talked that made her stomach churn. She wondered if he’d deliberately talked in that tone and if yes, then it was madly turning her on.

She finally moved from her spot and walked to her bed. Ignoring how close he was to her,  she reached for her bed sheet and began to lay the bed. “I hope you enjoyed the night?” she asked.

“I guess.” He replied and stretched his arms.

“Good to hear.” Moving to the tuck in the side of the bed, she suddenly brushed her behind against his groin and quickly jerked away. She sat on the bed with heart out of control and now slamming insanely against her ribcage, Ellie looked at him with wide eyes and stuttered, “I- I'm sorry...”

“That’s okay.” His voice was hoarse, and it made her shudder to her toes. And the smirk on his face was not helping at all.

Ellie gulped. “Maybe, I should do this later.” Or maybe you should stand somewhere else. She added silently.

Getting up from the bed, she stood in front of him, their bodies almost touching. He towered about three inches over her and she had to lift her eyes to look at him.

Staring at each other, all Ellie could hear was her heart beat and her insides screaming to lean in for a kiss. She wondered how would it feel to have those thick lips crash on hers and his abs pinned against her?

Her thoughts were running out of control and she needed to keep them in check. And just when she was ready to excuse herself, his hands suddenly cupped her face. His lips parted slightly and she could hear his breath quickening. Was he feeling the same way as her?

“I want to kiss you, Ellie. Can I?” He breathed, looking straight into her eyes with a hot stare.

What? She was surprised. Feeling uneasy by his request yet loving the sound of it in her ears, Ellie felt special; it was the first time someone had asked permission to kiss her. All the men she’d been with would kiss her when and how they wanted.

She looked at him and closed her eyes, urging him to carry on. Maybe this kiss would help her in forgetting about Michael. Kissing another man might be the elixir she needed to move on. “Kiss me, Ashton.” She murmured. 

It would be just a kiss, nothing more. She convinced herself, still with her eyes closed and her lips parted.

He leaned towards her and pressed his soft lips gently against hers. He kissed her slowly and took his time to explore her lips.