Chapter Fifty-Nine

Staring blindly at the Lipton dissolving in the hot water, Ellie hugged herself. She'd stood there quietly in the kitchen for ten minutes as her mind took her on a rollercoaster ride. Sweet memories of her then beautiful family filled her, arousing a mild feeling of nostalgia.

They'd been a wonderful couple; her mom and dad, and there was nothing that could separate them- at least, that was what Ellie thought.

There was never a day Nelson wouldn't shower Samantha with love, affection and assuarance. Their love never grew old.

They were envied by many, and always gushed and blushed whenever they narrated their love story. They'd fallen in love at college.

They were the reason Ellie believed in true love. The reason she still held on to her fairytale love, hoping she'd find love as great and beautiful as theirs.

Sadly it all had to come to end, the perfect romance of Mr. and Mrs. Stevens.

Ellie sniffed, wiping away the tears that escaped her eyes. Why did her father had to betray them like this? Why did he abandon them? Did they not mean anything to him?

Forget about him, Ellie.

A little voice said in her head.

If he doesn't want you, you don't need him either.

Ellie sniffed again and grabbed the cup of Lipton. "Yes. We're going to be fine without him."

She walked to the room, sat on her bed and took a sip from the cup. Times like this, all she needed was a big, cozy hug. And surprisingly, the only person that she could think of was Ashton Anderson.

No.

She shook herself. She had to resist it,  each time thoughts about him slipped into her head. It wasn't right entertaining romantic thoughts about him, especially with Lily so much in love with him.

If she knew Lily was in love with him, she wouldn't have kissed him. She wouldn't have allowed him to touch her. Neither would she have allowed herself to love every bit of their moment together. The taste of his lips on hers, the way his hands knew how and where to touch her were the things she couldn't get out of her head.

Ellie groaned and took another sip, trying so hard to distract herself but to no avail. She sighed and shook her head.

Setting the cup on the headboard, she pulled the sheets over herself and tried to get some sleep, but a sudden knock on the door stopped her.

She frowned. Who could that be? Felicia and John were not around, they'd planned on sleeping over at Lily's home and come to school the next day.

Another knock was heard and she threw the sheets off her body and hopped down from the bed.

"Coming!" She said, walking barefooted towards the door in nothing but a flimsy, cream lingerie.

She turned the knob and opened the door. Surprised, she blinked and squinted her eyes at Elorm standing in front of her in a white T-shirt and jeans.

"Hey. Good evening." He smiled and gave a slight wave.

Ellie frowned. She didn't know what to say. What was he doing here by this time?

"Can I come in?" He asked, raising his brows.

"Uhh... Sure." She nodded and stepped aside after opening the door wider for him.

When he walked into the room, a whiff of alcohol filled Ellie's nostrils. She quickly glanced at him, "Where have you been?"

"I passed by a friend's drink up party. You should've come, it was lit." He grinned.

"Oh okay. And you got drunk." She held her waist and looked at him sternly.

"What? I'm not drunk." He frowned. "I only had some few drinks."

She sighed. "And you should've gone home instead of coming here. You don't look sober to me."

"Oh, please. I'm fine." He rolled his eyes and walked to Ellie's bed, grabbed the bedsheets and drew it sharply to his nose. "Smells like you, nice and sweet."

Lifting her eyebrows, Ellie walked to him. "What are you doing?" She snatched the sheet from him and rolled her eyes.

Why did he get so drunk? She'd never seen him act like this.

"Hey... Give me that!" He stretched his hands for the sheet but Ellie drew it away. "C'mon, that's the only part of you I can hold." He groaned.

Ellie was irritated. "Elorm, you're acting childish."

He looked at her with a serious look, one that got Ellie stunned. How could he switch to that face so quickly it became creepy?

"Childish?" He fumed. "You call wanting to be close to you 'childish'?"

She took a step back in fear at the sound of his deep, grumpy voice. "You need to go."

He got up from the bed. "I'm not leaving, Ellie." He glared. "Not until you tell me you've not noticed how much I care about you."

"What?" She took another step back.

"I've loved you since the day I saw you. You remember the day you walked into the studio with your application letter? I couldn't take my eyes off you." He walked towards her.

"Your smile, it drives me crazy. Hell, you're always in my head, Ellie Stevens!" He yelled and grabbed her by the shoulder. He pulled her closer to him crushing her body against his.

Ellie struggled to break free, shivering from the ugly scowl on his face. "What's wrong with you, Elorm?"

"You. You're wrong with me." He grunted. "Because, I love you! I've never quite felt this way around anyone!"

"You're drunk. Let go off me!" She hit him on his chest and he clenched her wrists. Ellie winced. "Elorm!" She yelled in pain.

"It's okay. You don't have to love me back. I'm not your spec, right?" His voice suddenly softened.

Ellie calmed down and stared at his sad face.

He looked at her and lifted his hands to cup her face. "But why? I had to watch you date all those losers, yet you never looked my way."

"But, We... We're friends, Elorm."

"Spare me that, Ellie. We can be more than that. And I'm ready."

She shook her head. "No. We can't."

He scowled. "What!"

"Wait..." She furrowed her brows. "Are you T. P, the guy who sends me letters?"