Chapter Thirty-Seven

Taking a sip of her soda, Ellie watched Felicia dance to Shatta Wale's Bojor. She shook her head, "You know you're a bad dancer, right?"

"At least I'm better than you." She rolled her eyes. "And talking about dancing where the f*ck is Lily?"

Ellie shrugged. "Her phone is off."

"That girl." Felicia sighed. She nudged John who had his attention on the pool. "Hey, who are you ogling?"

John looked at her. "No one."

Following his gaze Felicia grinned. "There in the pool is Adwoa. C'mon, John, you need to join her."

John shook his head. "Can't you see the guys around her? She would probably not notice me, and I can't embarrass myself like that."

Ellie stared at the fair-skinned beauty in the pool who was splashing water happily. She was beseiged by two guys, one on her left and the other on her right. They were trying to grab her attention.

"I think you should try your luck, John. There's no harm in trying." She smiled at John.

"You think so?" John asked.

"Just get going." Felicia shoved him towards the pool.

"Alright. I'll try." He said.

They nodded.

Ellie watched him walk to the pool bad towards Adwoa. Adwoa's face immediately lit up when she saw John.

Ellie smiled as they talked about something she couldn’t hear. Adwoa was laughing and giggling.

"It's working." Felicia smiled. "I didn't expect that reaction from her."

Ellie shrugged. "John is a good entertainer. Just look at the guys slipping away."

Felicia chuckled. "Yeah."

Ellie's phone rang and she immediately answered. "Mr. Sarpong?"

"Ellie, we need more accessories." Mr. Sarpong said.

"Alright. I'll go get them." Ellie hang up. "I'll be right back, Felicia."

"Sure." Felicia nodded.

Ellie trudged up towards the locker room. She shoved her phone back into her pocket and suddenly felt something hard against the sole of her slippers.

She paused and quickly narrowed her gaze to the floor, pulling away her foot.
Her brows furrowed when she saw something glistening on the floor.

Bending, she reached her hand to it and carefully lifted it from the floor. It was a Pandora Charm bracelet. Exactly the same as the one on her wrist!

Ellie was astounded. She flipped the charm bracelet and studied it, surprised at the similarities. Whose was it?

Staring at the bracelet in her left palm, Ellie's eyes squinted when she noticed an inscription at the back of the squirrel.

It read; Celine. With a red heart by the name.

Ellie curious, flipped the squirrel on hers over and surprisingly she saw on hers Ellie with a heart, which she hadn't noticed was there.

Confused, Ellie frowned. Did Pandora bracelets have names inscribed on them?

She'd hand it over to Celine, excited that she was at the party. Maybe she could use it as an opportunity to ask her what was wrong.

Immediately she started to walk to the locker room a loud scream came screeching her ears. Ellie immediately froze, a cold chill ran down her spine as she tried to figure out what was happening.

She turned. The scream had come from the pool side and she took to her heels back to the pool.

People had gathered by the pool, pointing towards something with horrified looks. The music halted and the place was engulfed with murmurs.

"Calm down, everyone. There's no need to panic." Mr. Sarpong said, pushing his way through the crowd towards the edge of the pool. Ellie followed quickly and her breath caught in her throat as the sight of Celine's lifeless body floating in the pool.

Her hands clasped her mouth to muffle her scream. She couldn't take her eyes off Celine's puffed eyes looking into space. Her hands were by her side with her legs slightly apart.

"How did this happen?" Someone asked.

"When did she jump into the pool?" Another asked.

Jump into the pool? Celine had deliberately killed herself! Ellie refused to believe that. Why would she?

"I'm afraid, but that this party will have to come to an end." Mr. Sarpong yelled. He reached into his pockets for his phone and called the police.

Everyone started leaving the party, all enveloped with fear and anxiety.

Ellie sat down in a chair, trembling. She rubbed her hands up and down against her arms, unable to take the image of Celine from her mind.

A jacket was suddenly wrapped around her and Ellie looked up.

"W-were you able to talk to her?" She asked in a shaky voice.

Elorm pursed his lips and shook his head. "No. I didn't see her."

"You never bothered to. I told you she needed help." She tucked on the jacket.

Elorm sighed and squatted beside her. "I guess it's too late now. I should have listened to you."

"I'm highly disappointed in you, Elorm."

"Yes. You should be." He hang his head, "For I'm nothing but a heartless jerk."

Ellie sighed. She looked away. The place was almost empty. When was the police arriving to get Celine's body from the pool?

"There you are!" Felicia and John approached Ellie. "I'm so sorry about this."

Ellie shrugged. "I'm sorry I couldn't be of help to her."

"You don't have to blame yourself." Elorm said, touching her on the shoulder.

"I can't help it." She replied.

"Take her home. She needs to get out of here." Elorm told Felicia.

Felicia and John nodded.

"No, not until the police is here. I can't leave knowing her body is still floating in that pool." She objected with a grim face.

They all sighed.

"Sure." Felicia replied. She sat beside Ellie and pulled her into her arms.

Ellie leaned her head against her shoulder. That was what she needed,  a gentle hug, even though she couldn't keep herself from shivering from the thoughts of not been able to help Celine.

This is a sad chapter, right? 😥

Do you think Celine committed suicide?

Who do you have a clue is Ellie's secret admirer?

Drop your comments and don't forget to vote! ❤