Chapter Forty-One

"I like this banana smoothie a lot." Felicia after taking a sip from her cup set it on the table.  She lifted her head towards the waiter and a slow lick on her lips, she smiled and nodded. "This is great."

Ellie glanced at the nervous waiter and shook her head. Bet Felicia to flirt with every cute guy! Shaking her head, Ellie looked away.

"I'm glad you enjoy our smoothie, Ms um...?" The waiter lifted his brows.

"Felicia. What's yours?" She grinned, her eyes twinkling.

"Sam." He answered. "That was a good feedback, I'll report to my manager." He gestured his finger at the cup of smoothie on the table.

"Of course." She nodded. "But I'm sure I'm not the only customer to compliment on this. And your service as well." She grinned.

"Uh... Actually, no." He grinned back. "Thanks, again."

Watching him walk away with the tray, Felicia bit her lip. "Don't you agree he's got a cute ass for a guy? They look great in those jeans!"

Ellie chuckled. "You're mad!"

Felicia shrugged and thrust the straw in her mouth to take another sip of her drink. "I think he's shy."

"I think he's avoiding you. It's not a good thing for waiters to flirt with customers." Ellie tilted her head at her.

"That's insane!" Felicia pouted, her gaze still on the waiter now talking to his colleague. "The guy is cute!"

"Yeah, yeah." Ellie reached for her purse and took out both hers and Celine's bracelet. She set them on the table and sighed.

"You've got another bracelet from your secret admirer?" Felicia asked and grabbed the bracelets, rubbing them with the tips of her fingers.

"No, that's Celine's. I found it at the party before she died. Or perhaps I was late, I guess it's after she died." Ellie sighed with her eyes focused on the bracelets. An imagery of Celine lying cold in the pool flashed through her thoughts. She flinched and shook herself. "I had plans of returning it to her though."

"That's sad. That girl must have been really suffering from something." Felicia said, setting back the bracelets on the table, in front of Ellie.

Ellie nodded. She felt a hand on her nape and she tensed. With a quick glance behind her, she saw Elorm smiling brightly at her.

"Good afternoon, Ladies." He greeted, giving Felicia a soft nod.

Felicia smiled. "Hello, Mommy's....?"

"Don't you dare say that aloud, Felicia!" Elorm glared fiercely at her.

Ellie giggled.

"OMG, are you trying to murder me with that look?" Felicia's hand flew dramatically to her chest as she made a sad face. "If you don't like being called 'Pet', why do you allow your mom to use that on you?"

"Shut up." Elorm pulled the chair in the middle of their seats and sat down.

Ellie chuckled.

Elorm's Mom had fondly called him her pet during a video call the last time he visited. Which he deeply regretted since he'd unfortunately plugged out his earpiece during call! Felicia wouldn't stop mocking him with that each time they met.

"Does this mean you're paying for our smoothies, Elorm?" Felicia batted her eyes at him.

Shaking his head, he gestured for a waiter to their table. Elorm sighed and his eyes fell on the bracelets laid in front of Ellie on the table.

He furrowed his brows and looked at Ellie, "Are these yours?"

Ellie lifted them, "This one is mine, " she replied, "And this is Celine's."

"Celine?"

She nodded.

"How did you get that? I mean, where -" he said but Ellie cut in.

"At the party. I think she dropped it." She answered. "Isn't it weird? They look similar to mine!"

"That's not weird. It's normal." he quickly answered.

"What of the names? They make me believe my secret admirer got her the same bracelet." She chuckled.

"That'd be weird." Felicia replied. "And who's this secret admirer? For God's sake can't he just man up and confess his feelings to you?"

Ellie bit her lip. She wanted to know who this admirer was too. Since it wasn't Michael, who could it be?

Ashton?

Her heart skipped a beat. What if Ashton was trying to communicate his feelings through letters to win her heart?

And the red roses? Didn't he say girls love roses?

"What are you thinking of?" Elorm's voice interrupted her thoughts. He gently lifted her chin so she could look at him.

She pursed her lips and looked at Felicia. "I'm really not ready for all this lovey-dovey gestures. This admirer must be aware I'm very terrible with guys, he might last no less than a month."

Felicia reached to cup Ellie's hand across the table. "Hey, don't say that."

Hating for them to see her vulnerable side, Ellie pulled her hand away. "It's normal." She said, making sure to sound as nonchalant as possible.

"What about me? You can stop seeing me as a friend. We can be more than that and even better, who knows?" He flashed a sheepish grin.

Ellie scoffed. "Can you stop mocking me, El?" She rolled her eyes.

The waiter came around and Elorm ordered for a cup of banana smoothie.

"You made a right choice." Felicia grinned at him. "And imma have to see the waiter over there after his shift."

Ellie shook her head. "Good luck."

Felicia winked, "Thank you."

Comment and vote!!!

Sorry for the late update. I've been very busy this week!😥