39

V awoke the next morning, to find Jimin sitting up in the middle of the bed, and staring at his feet. Did he fall asleep sitting up? "Why are you sitting up, kitten?" He asked as he sat up as well. Jimin looked down at his lap, not saying anything. "What's wrong?" V asked in a soft tone, trying to look Jimin in his eyes. Jimin turned his head away from him, and stared down at the floor instead of his feet. "Are you mad at me, or something?" V questioned, expecting a nod. Jimin instead swung his feet over the edge of the bed, and contemplated whether to leave or not.

"Kitten, what's wrong?" V questioned as he stopped Jimin from leaving. Jimin huffed as he sat back down, and looked at V with a pouty face. "I don't know whether you're sad or not." V laughed nervously. Jimin tried not to smile as he climbed into V's lap, and clinged to him. V hugged Jimin tightly, and kissed the top of his head when Jimin pulled away from him. He shook his head no, and went back to leaning on V. "No, what?" V laughed. "Only I cling." Jimin laughed, snuggling into V's neck.

"And for how long exactly?" V asked. Jimin shrugged his shoulders, making V huff. He almost fell back asleep when V reached for his phone, waking him back up. When he turned it on, Jimin smacked it out of his hands. "What the f*ck?" V cursed, looking him in his eyes. Jimin crossed his arms on his chest, and pouted as he sat up on his lap. "What do you want from me?" V joked, wanting to eat breakfast. Jimin grinded his hips down on V's lap, and began moving around. "Jimin, I-" "I want attention!" Jimin interrupted him as he stopped moving his hips.

"Well don't get my attention doing that, because you'll get more then attention." V told him seriously, aweing internally at how cute Jimin was. "What if I want more than attention?" Jimin teasingly bit his lip as he grinded onto V. "Kitten-" "I want love!" Jimin cut him off. "Okay at this point, you're just teasing me and messing with my head." V sighed playfully. "I don't care if I get you hard- I want attention." Jimin pouted. "Well what am I supposed to do-" "Food and cuddles." Jimin demanded.

"Is that all you need in life?" V laughed, looking up at him. Jimin nodded his head cutely, not talking if he didn't need to. "You know what, fine." V smiled as he moved Jimin off of his lap. Jimin whined loudly in protest, but quickly learned V just got up to change. While he changed in the bathroom, Jimin thought he might be taking him out, and lazily changed himself; just a pink hoodie and white jeans.

Jimin yelped when he was suddenly picked up, and as a reflex, punched anything to get away. V laughed as he adjusted his arm on Jimin's upper back, holding him bridal style. Jimin made eye-contact with him, and crossed his arms as V carried him to the kitchen. Was he gonna make food?!

Jimin was sat on the counter softly, and V left for the door. "Where are you going?!" Jimin panicked instantly. He was about to jump off the counter when V appeared back around the corner. "Calm down, kitten. I'm not leaving you." V smiled as he walked up to a scared-looking Jimin. Jimin punched V in his chest for scaring him, and huffed as he crossed his arms again.

"You're so pouty." V laughed as he slid Jimin off of the counter and into his arms. "Where are we going?" Jimin asked quickly as he was carried to the front door. "You'll see." V smiled as he opened the door with one hand, stepped outside, and closed it behind him.

Jimin was confused when V unlocked his car, and placed him carefully in the passenger seat. V then climbed into the drivers' seat, and turned on the car. Jimin discovered V had grabbed his keys when he disappeared around the corner for maybe 2 seconds.

Jimin sighed as V drove them onto the freeway, the two obviously going somewhere just a bit far. Or maybe V was kidnapping him- oh no. "Where are we going~" Jimin groaned once they were on the highway for at least 10 minutes. "You'll see, kitten." V laughed, winking at him playfully. Jimin huffed as he fell asleep on the window; his hood pulled over his head, his sleeves past his hands to keep them extra warm underneath of his head, and his knees against the door on the seat in a semi-comfortable position.

"Wake up, kitten." A voice was heard as Jimin's shoulder was shaken. Jimin perked up, and realized the voice belonged to Taehyung. Jimin yawned as he stretched slightly, opening the door he was leaning on after a moment of trying to wake up fully. He held a look of confusion when V put an arm around him. "Apparently the ice cream in here is over 100 bucks." V nodded in agreement with himself as the two stood in front of an ice-cream shop. Jimin gasped at the price. "Which means it's the best. They also serve breakfast, and their waffles are supposedly good with the ice-cream." V added, locking Jimin's car before taking a step forward.

Jimin's never seen this ice-cream shop before- and he's seen and eaten at hundreds of ice-cream shops. He wanted to know a lot of things, but he didn't really want to talk. So he kept quiet as they entered the store, the smell of fresh vanilla and pancake mix instantly filling his senses.

He smiled at the smell, and held onto V's arm as they were seated by a man almost instantly. The tables were a baby blue with a silver lining, and the seats were pure white leather chairs.

Jimin was absolutely loving the ice-cream decorations on the pink walls, admiring the wavy rainbow that stretched all around the top of the walls. V smiled as he spotted Jimin looking around. When Jimin's eyes took a second look around the medium-sized place, he realized the yellow was gold. The gray was silver, the white and gray mixture on the floor was marble, and the walls were quartz with pink paint.

In attempt to stop a heart attack from happening, he grabbed the small menu they were given by the waitress, and almost gasped at the price for just one scoop of ice-cream.

$12. 71?!

If he bought a 4-course meal, it would be as much as his mother had to pay for him to be born. And all of his savings added to that.

Oh god.

"So, do you think there's anything here you'll like?" V asked, trying not to panic at Jimin's partially scared face. "Kitten?" V spoke up after Jimin was silent.  "I-..." Jimin choked out, completely frozen and shocked at the prices.

4 dollars for f*cking ice?!

You're literally eating and drinking money.

"T-Taehyung I can't eat here." Jimin confessed, feeling his stomach go tight from how much everything was. "Why? You know what- we can go somewhere else." V smiled as he set the fine menu down in front of him. "I- how could you take me here?" Jimin squeaked out, not looking up at V.

"W-what? I thought you liked ice-cream? I thought you might like-" "I like things I can afford. This insults me." Was all Jimin said before he started tearing up. Sh*t, this wasn't how this was supposed to go.

"Kitten, I didn't mean it like that. I wanted to treat you to something I knew for a fact you liked, and I thought you'd be happy again. I couldn't stand you being sad, and I wanted to fix it. Don't take this the wrong way, kitten." V explained slowly. "I would've believed you if you didn't call me that f*cking pet name!" Jimin yelled at him as he stood up, and left the ice-cream shop with a small ding from the door.

V cursed under his breath as he instinctively tipped the waitress $50, and exited the store more calmly then Jimin did. When he approached Jimin's car, he found Jimin tugging harshly on the locked car door handle, and crying for it to open. V pressed the button on the keys to unlock the doors, but his sad act backfired when the passenger door flung open, and Jimin fell backwards on the rough concrete. "F*ck!" V yelled as he instantly ran over to him, kneeling down to see if he was hurt. Jimin let himself go limp as V picked him up, hearing V cursing at himself for not being careful. "Damn it Jimin, I'm so sorry." V apologized as he held Jimin for a few seconds, guilt and regret consuming him completely.

"I-I wanna go b-back t-to my h-house." Jimin cried into V's chest. V furrowed his eyebrows in sadness, and carefully set Jimin in the passenger seat.

Jimin buckled his seat belt before curling back into ball, but staring out the window instead of having his head down between his knees like he normally would. V got into the drivers seat extremely mad and disappointed in himself for not thinking about every possible outcome or reaction from Jimin. He just expected him to be happy. He never thought about the possibility of Jimin taking it wrong.

Switching from a soul-less assassin to a loving human being would be harder than he thought.

Sh*t how this went so wrong...

Word Count: 1, 638