07

Jimin's phone alarm woke him up for the second time that morning, and groaned as he shut it off. He jumped up when he saw a text from Jungkook, stating that he was ready to go. Grabbing his earphones, he remembered to lock his apartment before leaving. 

Their contest sounded simple, but wasn't, really. Both of them would run or jog 8 miles on a facetime call, and whoever reached 8 miles last, bought the others' breakfast, lunch, dinner, and did any arren's for them that they had to do. It was a big contest, but it held a big prize too. Jimin and Jungkook reset their stopwatches so there was absolutely no cheating, and at 5:25 A.M exactly, the race began. 

Their phone's were in their back pocket with the camera facing behind them, so they didn't have to hold their phone's running, and had their earphones plugged in so they would know if the other person hung up or or said something. Although, they turned off their microphone's so they didn't have to hear each other's panting. Every so often, Jimin checked up on Jungkook to make sure he was still going, and laughed when he was about 2 miles in. Jungkook was so competitive, he sometimes forgot to check on Jimin or talk at all. 

One of them could call a 'break' whenever they needed a break, but it only lasted about 15 to 20 seconds at the most. They were only allowed to call 'break' once each, concluding only 2 breaks for 8 miles. When they did call 'break', both of them stopped running, and shared each other's progress. They were on two different sides of town, so they relied on the facetime call to determine the real winner. 

As Jimin reached his 6th mile, he called a break. Jungkook agreed, and Jimin leaned against a store wall for support, for he felt he might pass out. His heartbeat pounded and ringed in his ears loudly, and he could hear the blood flow in his ear as well. His legs felt light and like jello, yet his chest burned with pain. He was gasping for air as he wiped the huge amount of sweat away from his eyes and mouth. His hand looked like it was just dipped in a bucket of water 10 times after brushing his hair back away from his face. He shaked his hand, and sprinkles of pure sweat splattered onto the pale sidewalk. 

He was a bit ways afar from his house, and he wasn't completely knowing of every building and place. He had to practically peel his shirt off of his torso, and shook it to get fresh air up his chest. "What mile- what mile are you on, Jimin?" Jungkook's voice was heard through Jimin's earphones. "Just reached mile 6." Jimin responded as he heard Jungkook panting intensively. "Mile 6 and two-tenths, baby!" Jungkook celebrated, yelling, but still gasping for air. "I'm s-still gonna beat you." Jimin smirked, getting ready to start running again. 

Suddenly, 2 mean dressed in all black came running out of an alleyway right next to Jimin. One of them bumped into Jimin as they dashed in front of him, and the black hood slipped off his head. 

Kyungmin. 

"We're just gonna leave him to die?" Kyungmin asked the other quietly, instantly pulling up his hood. No one else was around, or in the streets at this time, because it was so incredibly early. "Yes, Kyungmin. Hurry up." The other told him, pulling Kyungmin as they ran off. With Jimin in some type of shock, he stumbled around the corner of the store to see if a person was there, and froze. 

There was V, lying on the concrete ground, coughing and choking on the dark red blood that exploded from his mouth. 

He was clutching his stomach, and that's when Jimin noticed more blood. He was also dressed in all black, but Jimin could see the blood seeping through his hoodie onto the rough concrete from his stomach. His knees were bent up to his chest, forming a smaller shape. The blood that he continued to cough up was so dark, it was almost black. The blood dripped down the side of his face down his neck, and his lips were both busted open, causing more blood to leak down his face. 

"Holy sh*t!" Jimin cursed as he instantly ran over to V. "What, what happened?" Jungkook asked. "Meet me at the hospital!" Jimin yelled through his phone as he quickly ended the call to call the police or something. "V! What happened?!" He asked frantically, trying to look V in his eyes. V groaned in pain, and spat more blood onto the ground. Jimin pulled up his black hoodie to see why his stomach was bleeding, which caused V to yell out in pain. 

"I-I'm calling an ambulance, stay with me, please." Jimin told him as he dialed 9-1-1 for an ambulance. He noticed a crap ton of bruising around V's torso, and gently ran his hand over his chest. V screamed out in pain, unable to do anything else. "I think you have a broken rib- what the hell happened?!" Jimin told V, holding his phone to his ear, waiting for someone to pick up the phone. V whimpered as Jimin tried explaining why he needed an ambulance to the operator on the other side of the line.

"They're coming, it's okay. An ambulance is coming- please stay with me." Jimin told him as he noticed V looking like he would pass out. That's now Jimin felt. "J-Jimin, g-get out of h-here- please." V managed to say, gasping for air, for as it was hard to breathe. "No, I'm not leaving-" "It's n-not safe- you're not safe around me, go!" V chocked out, holding his stomach as tears slipped down his face. "No, V-" "T-that's not my- AH!" V screamed as he curled up into a ball, whimpering in sharp pain. 

Jimin heard weird noises coming from V, and once he realized what it was, more dark red blood was thrown up, onto Jimin's knees. Sirens were heard in the distance, and Jimin breathed a breath of relief; finally catching his breath from running. Within 2 minutes, an ambulance arrived, and V was rushed to the hospital. Jimin was able to ride with him. "What's his name?" One of the paramedic's asked Jimin while V was placed in the ambulance. The sudden movement of his entire body caused V to be nauseous, and groaned as he shut his eyes tighter. Once he was placed inside, he began to drift in and out of consciousness. 

"His name's V-" "Jackson!" V yelled over Jimin, wincing at the pain in his chest. Jimin didn't know his last name, and V was too weak to tell them. V was rushed quickly to the hospital, and immediately into the Emergency Room. During the process of switching V onto a different bed inside the hospital, blood left his mouth once again.

The 3 doctor's quickly confirmed 4 broken ribs, and a bone fracture in his left arm. He had an extremely dangerous overdose of Acetaminophen in his blood stream, and he lacerated his liver. His right arm was bleeding slightly where his arm bent on the inside of his arm, and it looked like he was repeatedly stabbed with a needle or syringe, and the skin was already beginning to bruise; probably to inject the Acetaminophen into his veins. His legs were brutally bruised, and his hip was close to being dislocated. 

V was instantly rushed up to surgery, and as he disappeared, coughing up a stream of blood before passing out, Jungkook and Suga ran into the ER. Jimin saw the two, and ran up to Jungkook, and immediately clinged himself to him. He began to cry, and Jungkook held him up as he physically collapsed in his arms. "Jimin, what happened? Why are you in the Emergency Room?" He asked as he helped Jimin to sit down on a chair. "What the f*ck happened?" Suga asked as Jimin started to shake violently. "I-I found h-him in an alleyway, a-and he was b-bleeding, a-and screaming, and I-" Jimin managed to choke out, bursting into tears in Jungkook's arms. 

"Found who? Who's he?" Jungkook questioned him calmly, trying to calm down his friend. "V-V." Jimin studdered, adjusting himself in Jungkook's lap. "He'll be okay, Jiminie." Jungkook assured him, rubbing Jimin's back softly. After a while, Jungkook and Suga were stuck in the ER with Jimin, who had cried himself to sleep on Jungkook's lap. 

Word Count: 1,437