33

Every one of Jimin's friends were aware of his miscarriage by now. They all were also aware of Jimin's new condition: Situational Mutism.

He refused to talk.

The only way they knew Jimin was hungry, was from the loud growl his stomach made. The only way they knew Jimin had taken a shower, was from the way his hair appeared and how he smelled.

Jimin never said anything anymore.

The last thing he said, was: "I-is my baby okay?"

Jimin heard how sad he was making his friends. He knew what he was doing to himself. He heard how concerned others were for him. He knew everything he needed to. It wasn't like he was just always blocking everyone out. No, he listened to them. He learned that you know more the more you hear instead of talking. In a big crowd of people at the mall, he actually managed to eavesdrop on a few conversations.

Jimin only texted his friends when he went out. Which he did a lot. He couldn't be in his own house anymore without crying hysterically. It's where that baby was created. It's where his relationship with V was created. It's where the pain was created. It's where the depression was created.

It was the source of all evil now.

Jimin has been sleeping on his couch, unable to sleep in the room he last saw his love. Unable to sleep in the room where his baby was decided. Unable to sleep at Suga's house, where he saw V trying to kill his best friend. The only reason he wasn't in a hotel, was because part of him believed that maybe, just maybe, one day, V would walk through his front door.

Jin was with him on Monday, Jungkook with him on Tuesday, Suga with him on Wednesday, RM with him on Thursday, and J-Hope with him on Friday. Sunday and Saturday were the only days he had to himself. His friends were too worried to leave him alone. Of course, Jimin didn't fight it, because he refused to speak.

It's been a week since Jimin received the worst news of his life, Saturday, and he decided he was going to go out. By himself. With no one else. Just him. He of course told Jungkook this, not wanting them to worry about him. He changed into a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie. He hasn't wore jeans without rips in them for a while.

Jimin took an hour long stroll in the mall, casually sipping his cherry Icee along the way. He spend most of his time in the middle of the mall, admiring the happy, squealing children playing around in a small playground. He noticed the looks some parents gave him when he cried.

"Why are you crying, Mr.?" A small boy asked as he stood on his tippy toes to just barely look over the wall that surrounded the small play area. Jimin smiled as he sniffled, shaking his head as he cautiously ruffled the 6 year-olds' brown hair. The child squeaked and giggled as he ran off, laughing with another kid as he pushed him down the very small slide. The parents of that kid were extremely aware of Jimin, considering their kid just ran up to him. They were about to run over to Jimin when their kid approached him, but stopped as they saw Jimin say nothing. They smiled when he ruffled their sons' hair.

That family of 3 stayed for a few hours; their son happily playing while they observed Jimin. They noticed how he didn't only cry over their child, but at any child who laughed or giggled. He didn't cry too much though. They noticed how he just stood there for hours, not even shifting his weight to his other leg every so often. Jimin did wave to a kid whenever they made eye-contact with him, smiling brightly. But fake.

The parents never even caught him mouthing anything. Maybe he was disabled? After a while, the married couple decided to try and make conversation with Jimin.

"Hey there." The wife smiled sweetly at him. Jimin looked surprised for a second, flinching slightly. The 3 adults laughed lightly at that. "Which one's yours?" The father asked, smiling at his son. Jimin sighed as he looked down at his green Icee cup. The wife watched as Jimin shook his head no. "Oh. Just watching?" The wife questioned softly. Jimin nodded his head. "What's your name? I'm Dahyun." The wife introduced herself as she reached out her hand to shake Jimins'. Jimin smiled as he shook her hand gently. Not introducing himself.

Jimin got out his phone, and opened the notepad app. He typed in his name, and handed it to the wife.

"Jimin? That's a nice name." She smiled sweetly at him. Jimin told her he was willingly mute, making it clear he just didn't want to talk to her. The wife nodded and smiled as she glanced at her son. "Does your wife want kids?" The father asked as he stood to the left of Jimin, his wife on the right. Jimin didn't nod nor shake his head.

'I miscarriaged.' He typed on the digital notepad. He wasn't quite sure whether to show it to the couple or not though. He quickly held down the backspace button, unaware the wife had seen it.

"Oh, honey, I'm so sorry." She told him softly as she wrapped her arms around his upper back. Jimin held back his tears.

"Mommy, this is Yuta!" Their son smiled as he ran up to his parents with another kid. "Hi!" The other child giggled as he looked at his friend. "Hi, Yuta! Where are your parents?" The wife smiled at her sons' friend. "Over dare." Yuta pointed to a couple who were on their phone's. "We're playing superhero's! His superhero name is V! Guess what it stands for?" Their son giggled as he rocked himself back and forth on his heels.

The wife felt how Jimin tensed up.

"What is it?" The wife laughed. "No, you have to guess!" The child laughed, showing his small white teeth. "Hm, I don't know..." Dahyun pretended to think. "Victorious!" The father smiled, pointing at his son. "What? No, that's not even a word! It stands for Victory!" Their son laughed highly-pitched. "Oh, I should've known!" Dahyun sighed sadly. "Can you guess what my superhero name is?" The child asked as he looked at Jimin, biting his lip as he smiled. Jimin felt like he was going to melt.

Jimin put on a thinking face before shrugging his shoulders. "Anpanman!" The child giggled loudly. Jimin laughed with the boy's parents. "We gotta go save the city now! Bye!" Yuta laughed as he dragged the other child to the tunnel-like structure.

Dahyun watched a tear fall down Jimin's cheek. "I'm so sorry, I could've told him to go." She pouted as she wiped Jimin's cheek. Jimin looked at her with surprise, quickly shaking his head no. For the next hour, the 3 adults stood there together, watching all of the next generation play happily together. After the couple left, Jimin decided to enter a book store. He couldn't be around those kids for much longer, or he might just kidnap one.

Before he entered the book store, the owner watched as Jimin threw away his half-full Icee. "Didn't like the flavor, huh?" The owner laughed once Jimin entered. Jimin shook his head as he pointed to a small sign.

'No food or drink allowed'

The owner was shocked. No one ever followed that sign. It was practically meaningless. "Oh. Why, thank you." The owner smiled brightly, not sure what to say. Jimin nodded his head as he traveled down the first asile.

The book store owner watched as Jimin scanned through a lot of books, confused as he didn't see Jimin's lips moving. Usually, 1 in every 2 customers mouthed the description of the book on the back. It was an extremely rare phenomenon. When Jimin came up to the register with 2 books- one mystery, and one adventure, the owner decided to try and make conversation. Like he does with every customer. Considering most customer's in a book store were calm and collective. "Find anything you liked?" He asked as he scanned the first book. Jimin nodded his head.

After a few failed attempts, the owner decided he might be disabled, or something, and gave up. "Have a blessed day." The owner smiled at Jimin, smiling at the fact Jimin was smiling as he walked out.

Little did that book store owner know he would be crying to himself for the next few hours, going on day 2 of no sleep.

Word Count: 1, 467