59 | Déjà vu

Brina's POV

"Are you walking away again? Why don't you face it? I thought Z have the courage?" He coldly said which made me stopped.

I composed myself before answering all of his questions, "I don't. This is what I think I should do to prevent anymore dangers and problems. And yes, you are right. Z have the courage."

"Then why ar–"

"Z definitely have the courage. In fact Z is courageous enough to go back to something she was afraid. Z is courageous enough continue living in the dark even thought she experience how good it is to live in light."

"What about Brina? My Tsilla?"

I deeply sighed upon hearing his nickname to me, "Tsilla? Brina?", then I let out a hollow laugh before continuing, "She is too. She is brave enough to leave all the people that made her feel what is family, friends, and love. She is brave enough to sacrifice herself for the other's well being."

"Walking away from the problem doesn't mean that they were coward nor afraid. Some of them are just too brave to face a more vicious problem – fighting their own self."

Seconds passed and he remained silent. I was about to take a step forward since I thought this conversation is over now, but his question got me frozen.

"Do you love me?"

I can't comprehend what to say so I remained silent but I felt him walking forward towards me. I panicked and so I said the words without thinking much, "I do."

He stopped and so I am. I was shocked! So I tried to reason out, "Brina does, but she is Z", then without waiting for him to answer, I ran. But I still heard him shouting, 

"Once is enough. Twice is too much. I won't let you get away for the third time!"

Dritan's POV

"Brina does, but she is Z."

Does. Present. I still have a chance and I won't waste that.

I just need to show her that Z's identity will not stop me. Whoever she is I will always love her.

We met thrice. Once is a chance, twice is coincidence, and thrice is us. The third time we met is because of us – our fate.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

Brina's POV

Lunch and I am here at the nearby restaurant, waiting for my food to arrive. I was scrolling through my phone when someone spoke, "Here's your order ma'am."

Something caught my attention when I looked at it and so I immediately asked the waiter, "Excuse me? Do you give free strawberry lollipop?"

He nodded his head and so glanced around and saw no one get a free lollipop, "But no one got it?"

He smiled first before answering, "That's because you are special", then he left. Weird.

I just shrugged it off then ate my breakfast. I tore the wrapper then put the lollipop on my mouth before walking out of the restaurant. I am ten steps away from my room when my phone beeped.

I checked it out and found out it was an announcement from Incinerate of Execution. I thought I deleted this app? Anyway, I clicked to see what it was while walking towards my room.

⊶⊷

Looking for a partner who can accommodate me in executing monsters for a whole night.