06 | Hacker

Dritan's POV

It's been three days since the competition happened and we are now waiting for the qualified members to arrive at the said meeting place – the cafe near our quarter. All the qualified members would have to do another competition. But this time, it will be based on their personality or passion in this profession.

Lorcan can't help his excitement as we are expecting to see Zero. We contacted the phone number he left and said that he passed the competition in which Zero replied that he will go at the meeting.

Minutes later six people arrived at the meeting place which means all those qualified members are here already. However, no one caught our attention. Zero should have caught our attention since he radiates power and strong aura just by the way he play the game.

But all of them looks an ordinary gamer? You know they still have that uncertain confidence not unlike Zero who radiates so much confident that he are able to fight bosses alone based on the video clips.

Lorcan looks the most disappointed so I urge Caiden start a conversation to stop the awkwardness. Please don't expect me do that thing, that's not on my vocabulary.

"So, why do you want to join Supreme Kairos?" Caiden asked and all of them answered, some are because of passion while some because of circumstances like to make a living.

"What will you contribute to this team?" I asked them, their answer to this would heavily affect their status whether they will be on our team or not. Some of them answered, their positive energy while some of them is because of their their skills.

We looked towards Lorcan waiting for his turn to ask a question but he just gave us a straight face. We have been staring for a while until Caiden spoke with a sarcasm, "Aren't you supposed to ask?"

"Oh right. Uhm, who knows Zero personally?" Lorcan questioned them in a tone of uncertainty. I mentally rolled my eyes, he really asked that? Tss. He may have fallen hard on Zero.

When no one answered, he continue saying "Don't lie. I know one of you hired him to play your game last three days. So who did it?".

Still silence surrounded us. Of course no one would admit that he passed the competition because of someone else's skills. "Admit it or all of you would be disqualified", I said to provoke the one who did it.

"I..I did it" A low voice was heard before one guy look up and said, "I didn't know it was Zero! I swear! I just posted on Quez Forum that I need someone to play my character because I suddenly felt sick that day so I can't come and I don't want to miss the opportunity. I swear, I did not even expect him to win this."

"So.. You don't personally know Zero?" Lorcan asked now with more of disappointed voice.

"I don't. I did not even know his face. But I know how to contact him." The boy answered Lorcan and continue, "He often lurks around Quez Forum and did things about games that included money."

Money grabber huh? 

"Okay, the meeting adjourned. We will just text you if you ever passed this round" Caiden said while gesturing them to go now leaving the three of us.

"So.. Zero still didn't show up huh" Caiden said in a teasing manner that made Lorcan raised his eyebrow while getting his laptop.

"Huh if he didn't want to show his face then I will have to do the work, It's just a piece of cake" Lorcan said while smirking. Oh I forgot to tell you Lorcan is actually a hacker, a very good one.

I am waiting for Lorcan since I know that he is hacking  Zero using his IP Address used in Quez Forum while Caiden ordered something to eat and drink. Minutes later, when Caiden arrived with food tray on his hand, Lorcan whispered in shocked, "No way".

We looked at him confused but soon get it when he said, "This Zero guy is not ordinary". He must have been having a hard time tracking Zero's whereabouts. For sure getting someone's IP Address is a piece of cake for him.

"What? Are you getting weak? That's why you can't track his whereabouts?" Caiden asked him but at the same time teasing him. We expected to hear Lorcan defending himself but what Lorcan answered shocked us.

"Either I am getting weak or Zero is just above my skills."

Before we can ask another question, he spoke "I didn't even get his IP Address". This definitely left us a great shock, I mean getting someone's IP is one of easiest thing to do for a hacker and I'm telling you Lorcan is a professional, he even ranked on Top 10.

"Wait What? How?" Caiden asked in a rushed voice in which Lorcan answered, "I do get an IP but it's not real, I mean he uses A LOT of dummy IP address that every time I clicked it will send me to another dummy IP address and it feels like there's no end! I have been clicking it since I started hacking him!"

"So is he a hacker too?" I asked him since it is just a logical answer if Zero can make a lot of dummy IP address that even Lorcan can't decode it.

"Maybe? I mean maybe he's just good at computer but not definitely a hacker?" Caiden answered but more of a questioned.

"That is thrue though, I mean there is some who is good at computer but not a hacker so maybe?" Lorcan answered while still continuing clicking and pressing some keys on his laptop, still trying to know Zero's IP address.

"So the only way to contact Zero is through Quez Forum? We will bait him with money?" Caiden asked while heaving a defeated sighed.

"I believed yes" I answered Caiden since Lorcan is still focus on his laptop. 

A minute of silence passed when Lorcan suddenly stomp the table with a smile on his face indicating that he is happy.

"Don't tell me you actually managed to find his IP Address?" Caiden immediately asked him with a happy tone as if he knows that Lorcan really did found the IP Address but it soon vanished when Lorcan answered,

"Nope. I did not decode his looping IP address but I did decoded something. He used a specific technique that not everyone can do, even some professionals are having a hard time executing it. This technique just confirmed that...

Zero is definitely a hacker".

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Hello Iolanthx! I am starting to grasp the story so expect a better updates in the future! (But please don't expect too much 😅)

Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to DarknessOccured for your continuous support 🥺 Thank you so much talaga 🥺🥺 Please support her stories too!

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!