20 | Aakil Team

Dritan's POV

My heart is not beating in a normal way, I felt like my heartbeat is over a hundred per minute. I am feeling a lot of emotions at once. Happy? Sad? Angry? Longing? Relief? Everything.

Sweats are dripping from my forehead and I can't seem to calm down.

We are now on our way to the police head quarter. I am not feeling this emotions because someone are going to be arrested but because something lighted up a spark on me.

"Hey, what would you do if it's real?" Caiden who the one driving the car spoke. It suddenly get me off my thoughts. 

I looked at him baffled by what am I going to answer. I mean why should I really do if it's real? Silence passed before Lorcan who is at the passenger seat spoke, "Don't get your hope high. We all witnessed what happened okay? Besides it is not clear yet"

Although we don't have a definite evidence of it being true, I still believe that it is.

"Dritan! So glad to see you here, again" a voice greeted us right after we step foot inside the main police quarters. I saw Mr. Lowell, the head police officer of this region, walking towards us.

"Mr. Lowell, it's nice to see you again, after so many years" Caiden said in a formal way making Mr. Lowell to be surprised while saying, "Don't be so formal, it's not like you guys did not worked with me before."

Yes, we worked with Mr. Lowell before. Not in this city but it is still with him. We worked as special team, in which we are the brain of the police station. We cracked, or decipher every criminal's mind and tactics.

We were once called the Aakil Team, where we can decipher everything and everyone. Not until a certain code appeared, although we gathered tiny bits of information about that. We are still not sure whether what we have is valid.

 That is the only thing we, the so called Aakil Team, can't decode and I am not sure if it is possible to do that now. Something happened that made us quit that job.

Aakil Team is a Hindi name meaning smart and intelligent. It can also be an acronym for A-Kill which means 'Artificial Kill' since we kill someone not literally (guns, knives, etc.) but by our keyboards.

"Well, anyway let us go back to the business." Mr. Lowell said before walking towards a room so we followed him. When we entered inside, we saw several screen placed on the wall. All of them are showing different information.

"You know why I called you here right?" He said while going to one computer at the side.

"Z" Lorcan simply said but the amazement in his tone can't be hidden.

"Yes. At first I suspected that Z is alive and now he is here. You know the Beste University incident right? The method that anonymous used is familiar. You know Z likes to attack someone within their territory." Mr. Lowell explained to us while he showed the news and information about the university in the largest screen.

"I felt that too. I mean we are actually there when that happened. I tried to break down his security wall but I can't. Plus he gave a specific time when he would revealed it in which Z also uses the same method" Lorcan said his thought while looking straight at the screen, like he is remembering that incident.

"Now, the issue about the Mertiz Company. Although the anonymous did not gave a specific time nor attacked within the Mertiz territory, what he used is still familiar with Z. The anonymous did not revealed the other party's information like clubs or the people Henry Mertiz fought with. Just like Z who targeted a specific person or people and would not involved the unnecessary people."

This time Mr. Lowell is showing the recent issue, about the Mertiz Company. Now that I thought about it, that girl Brina said he is her step-brother, I wonder what she felt about this? Happy or not? I mean he is still her family right?

But by the way she arrived at the quarters this morning, she seemed like she did not care. I mean for sure she heard the news we watched but she was not surprised by it instead it is like she really did not care.

Oh wait why am I thinking about her. Tss, I averted my attention to the screen where the news are showed.

"I am sure you did not just called us here to tell us your speculation, right?" I asked him still not looking away from the screen.

"I want the Aakil Team to be back" what he said made us shocked but before we can asked a question, he continue saying, "And this time, Aakil Team will decipher the Code Z."

"You are still not sure whether that person is Z nor the two issues was done by the same person, you know it can be different person?" I asked him.

"I have guts feeling besides, don't you want to decipher the code?" Mr. Lowell asked back.

I looked at Lorcan and Caiden to see their reaction or maybe something they want to say. But I saw them staring back at me, like they are waiting for me to say something.

I kept quiet as I am thinking whether to accept that offer. Silence dominated the room for a while before I finally talked, "Aakil Team will be back."

I saw how Mr. Lowells eyes grew bigger upon hearing what I said, but before he can talk, I spoke again, "But not officially."

That made them looked at me with confusion visibly written on their faces so I decided to speak again, "Aakil Team will be back solely to decipher the CODE Z"

"So you mean we will work on that code but not here at the station?" Caiden asked me in which I just nodded my head.

"But you know we got a tournament we must win over right?" This time, Lorcan asked me in which I answered him explaining,

"Yes. We did it before right? Working at the station while being a student at Beste University. Now we will be an e-sport player while being Aakil Team. What's so hard about that? Besides Aakil Team will work whenever and wherever, not like before that we must be here."

"What's important is Aakil Team is back!" Mr. Lowell excitedly shouted while clapping his hands and continue, "Besides you have the great Supreme Lux with you! He almost decoded it before so it is not hard to do it again."

That made me think,

Will I finally decipher that code?

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

I dedicate this chapter to Diwani_kay! So friendly and kind! Also love her story so you might want to check it out! :) #SanahallsMagalingSaEditing

~보라해~

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!