19 | Father

Brina's POV

"Henry Owen Mertiz, the heir of Mertiz Company are under the public eyes since last night! When an anonymous user posted on Quez Forum revealing all the violence he did in one of the club. The post did not disclose the specific date and name of the club however it has all the videos and photos when this event happened."

"The Mertiz Company still haven't released any statement according to this issue so the press are waiting in front of their building. This is Enriquez, your reporter for today."

The sound from television welcomed me when I entered inside the quarters. I saw the triplets, Lorcan, Caiden and Cadmus standing in front of the television with their serious face like they are criticizing the reporter. Technically they are not triplets but the way they are always together made me think other wise so I decided to call them that.

I looked at the clock near the stairs to check the time and I saw it was 8:33 AM, clearly I am late so where the freaking hell are the other members? It was only the triplets in the room.

"What's Up?" I said in a hesitantly voice, not sure whether to grab their attention or not since they looked like they would kill someone just by their stares.

When they heard my voice, they turned their gazes towards me and Lorcan's eyes gotten so big while his mouth dropped, the other two did not showed any changes on their face.

"Why are you here Brina!?" Lorcan said in a high tone pitch clearly indicating how shocked he is to see me here.

"To train for the friendly battle? Duh" I said with sarcasm, did they had an amnesia overnight so they forgot about today's agenda?

Now all of them showed a confused face, although Cadmus did not change the expression in his face, his eyebrows furrowed for a second but I still noticed it. I took that as him being confused too.

"You did not get the notice?" Caiden said to me, still in a confused face. I started to walk towards them so I can converse with them clearly.

"What notice? I forgot to charge my phone last night", I answered him back with another question. I am really getting confused by what they are saying.

"The practice today are cancelled because we are going to attend an important meeting 20 minutes ago, we are actually getting ready to go out but a certain news got our attention." Lorcan explained to me in quiet panicking tone.

The practice today are cancelled.

Practice today.

Cancelled.

When I complete processed what he said, I can't help but exclaimed raising my voice a little, "Why again?! I am sure that meeting is not as important as the match? And the friendly match would happened the day tomorrow!"

"It is important. A very one." Cadmus said but I got surprised by his tone, so cold, it was said in a dead tone. The room got silent for a while before Caiden spoke, "Actually Brina, it is very important to us especially to Dritan. Don't worry we plan to train later tonight in our own individual home but we'll play team battle."

Important especially to Cadmus?

Before I can ask another question, Lorcan spoke, "Sorry Brina but we really have to go now."

»•» ⚠️ «•«

So in the end, I go back to home again with my sour mood. I deeply sighed before opening the door.

"YOU BTCH! THIS IS YOUR DAUGHTER'S FAULT! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! I'LL PUNISH THAT BRAT!"

That loud voice jolted me when I entered the house. I saw my father with Henry, while my mom is crying.

"N-No please don't" My mom said in worried voice while the tears are running down her eyes.

"Why is it my fault? Am I the one who was involved in the violence?" I said to while walking towards them to get their attention on me. Before I can complete go to my mom's position, Henry blocked me off.

"This is your fault brat! You embarrassed me on the mall so the people who saw that jumped on the fame and released that videos!" He shouted right in front of me.

That made me smirk and chuckled before answering him, "I did not? You were the one who called the public's attention at the mall by shouting. And I am sorry to say this but it is not the other's fault for digging your real personality, but it is you for having that temperament."

After that I took a step side way so I can go towards my crying mom. I immediately put my right hand to her waist to give support but what catches my attention is the bruised on her face. This morning it is not there so this one is definitely a recent one.

I felt the anger building inside of me, I mean no one would want their mother to be hurt right? Much less by your own father. So I faced him with my dagger eyes and said in irritated voice, "Aren't you barking at the wrong tree?"

"YOU BRAT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!" He shouted louder than the first time I heard when I entered the house. This made me irritated more, I mean can't he talk back by not shouting? Is he damaging my eardrums or what?

"Did I stutter?" I simply said still not backing down my intense gaze.

"You ungrateful brat! Is this how you treat your father!?" Damn. He is really damaging my ears.

"Are you really my father? Is this how you treat your daughter?" I answered him with questions in my deadly but calming voice. Questions with double meanings.

"YOU–" I did not let him finished what he was saying by speaking coldly,

"If this is how you treat your daughter, then don't ask me why I treat you like that" 

"Brina! He's still your f–" I cutted Henry before he can even say that word.

"I don't even want to call him that." I felt my mom's hold on me tighten upon hearing what I just said.

"You'll regret this! Right at this moment you are not my daughter anymore!" He said to my face and I mentally asked myself when did I became your daughter? I never felt like one.

Both him and Henry started to walked out but after a few steps, I talked that made them stopped but afterwards, continue walking not saying anything or looking back.

"You were never my father"

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

This chapter is dedicated to Wintermoonie! She's so kind and friendly! Also read and support her stories! You'll definitely love it 🥰

~보라해~

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!