14 | THAT Player

Brina's POV

Team A wins for the first battle!

Yes, I've been here watching the competition from the start. Danielle or should I just call her L, did not notice my presence as I kept it low by wearing a black hoodie. I did not even know the reason why I am watching this if I am not interested to join in the first place?

Or is it because of what L told me before?

"Do you wanna know why I keep bothering you to join the competition? I don't know why but your presence just gave me an assurance. I felt like when I am on your side, I will be safe."

Safe? That's far from it.

"I actually like gaming even though I am not good at it. Playing games gave me happiness amidst of all the sadness the world would gave me. However, the world would not easily give me that kind of happiness. I need to play games secretly as once I was caught doing it, I would not see light for days."

I actually noticed her liking for e-games when it was announced that we can join the competition, her smiles was visible.

"I actually saw you playing games on your tablet slash notebook when you are walking in the hallway so I know you can play and that's also one of the reason why I want you to join. But don't worry, I am not telling you this to make you join, I guess it was just for explaining my side. The decision is still yours."

Isn't that the same? Guilt tripping?

That's what she said yesterday when we bumped at the gate. But really, what am I even doing here? Did the guilt trip worked? Or is it because every time she speaks about e-games, her eyes would light up and her mouth can't help forming both side upwards. 

Passion. That is the only way to describe what she felt about e-games and maybe that's what I am here for.

After the second team battle a faculty member suddenly announced that there would be a five-minutes break which is suspicious as the break are not in their given timeline of the event. A group of people wearing a tag with either A or B, walking towards the backstage caught my attention.

So I immediately followed them. I know how to count, and clearly they are short of one member. I only saw ten heads with one of them being the faculty member.

I got lost for a while because there are so many rooms backstage and I don't know what room those people walked until I saw a faculty member walking so I immediately talked to him saying I would like to join the competition and his faced clearly showed how delighted he was.

He said what room I should go and before I can even take a step, he suddenly run in full speed. And when I arrived at the said room, someone shouted my name so I look where that voice came from, it was Danielle.

So, she is in for the third team battle, that is why I still haven't saw her for the past two rounds. I actually started to think she backed out in this event. Before I can speak, a faculty member shouted, "Players be ready! The battle would start any minute now!"

And so I am already here at the stage, waiting for the game to finally start. Oh L is on my team and she is seating besides me or should I say, she did all her best just to sit beside me?

LAST TEAM BATTLE WILL START NOW! LET US ALL WELCOME THE PLAYERS FROM TEAM A AND TEAM B!

After that announcement, we log on to the game with the pre-account made solely for this event.

L played as a support while me as usual is an assassin. My team actually are not vocal, I mean no one are shouting what to do or something like that however, we still move in harmony. Or should I say THEY are moving in harmony?