42 | Greatest Secret

Brina's POV

Damn! I immediately grab the key in my drawer and run towards the car. I can't waste a single second now as L's life is in danger!

Although I still haven't figured out who is the mastermind, still I need to make sure L's safety first. She is the only person who knew me as of now. Yes, she knew me. All of me, being Brina, Zero and Z.

It was actually accidental but still I am so glad she did not revealed anything and treated me differently even after knowing it.

I am in my room here at the Supreme Kairos' quarters, and I am currently doing my work with my personalized laptop. Yes, I am digging someone's deepest secrets.

"W-what is that?"

I am in my own world that I did not even noticed someone got inside my room. I am faced with the window and so I would not know if someone entered. But I surely locked the door!

I abruptly faced toward the person with a surprised face before asking in a panic tone, "W-why are you here? I am pretty sure I locked the door!

"Yes you did locked the door." L said agreeing to what I said but before I can even asked her again, she continue, "But you did not completely close the door. There's a gap."

And as if fate really hate me, a beep sound can be heard. I freaking know what it was and so my instinct was to stand up and blocked L's sight from the laptop screen.

But I guess it's too late as she suddenly asked me in shocked, "You are Z!"

Every time I finished gathering the data, a beep sound with the data's summary would always appear. And it comes with my alter ego's name written in capital and bold letters: CODE Z

I am confused to hear how she sounded, there was a hint of relief in her voice when she shouted. Still, confused I absentmindedly answered her, "So you've heard of that name"

And it's too late for me to realize that I somehow confirmed my identity by what I answered!

"Of course!" She sounded more delighted than before which still baffled me because if she heard about that name, then I am pretty sure she also knew what gruesome acts I did before.

"You can treat me how you like now since you knew me, being Z. But I do have a favor to ask you." I seriously said to her and I saw how her eyebrows furrowed but before she can ask, I spoke again, "Can you please keep it as a secret?"

"Should I treat you differently because I knew you are Z?" She asked me with confusion visible on her face.

"I am pretty sure you also heard why Z is wanted, until now." I answered truthfully. I thought she would finally understand my point but instead of agreeing with me, she showed me the opposite.

"If you are talking about those awful acts you did in the past will make me looked at you differently, then NO. You are wrong, Brina. What you did in the past stays in the past."

I am literally speechless. I mean I thought everyone hated Z?

"And don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She followed up with her statements, "I honestly been looking for you for so long! I almost give up that hopeful wish of mine since there was no news of you for a long time not until this recently!"

She was looking for me?

"Why are you looking for someone like Z?" I asked her baffled, like I could not believe what I just heard.