45 | Missing

Brina's POV

"Welcome to the Second Round of Incineration Cup Tournament! The battle began last week and today it will be continued! The tournament would be done in bracket method again. The 10 teams that won the first round would form a five match-up."

"Meaning, only five teams will be able to advance on the next round! So give it all your best executors! Good luck!"

We are here at the backstage readying ourselves for the second round. Again, I chose to play the Mage role. So basically our roles is the same as the first round but our tactics changed. It should be since our next opponent would be much stronger than the first one.

"You aren't nervous today, huh." I teased L who is just seating at the corner holding on her right hand, something in her closed fist while the other is scrolling her phone.

I momentarily would not think about anything besides this game – even the Noir Rose issue. I don't want to burden the team with my messy mind. I should solely focus on this game.

L glanced up to me and smiled before answering, "I am still nervous, I am just getting better at overcoming it."

"That's goo–"

"All the teams are needed in the audience stage."

A staff member shouted on the door and so L immediately stand up to ready her things, but before she can get far away, she collided with Lorcan. It was not strong to make L fall but what caught my attention is the thing she had been holding on before.

It flew towards me, near my feet to be specific. I picked it up and when I saw it closely, my suspicious grew bigger. It is a matte black compact mirror – same with Lucas'.

"Uh thanks!" L said to me before getting it from my hold.

I blink a few times before composing myself then grab her wrists before asking, "Who gave you that?"

She seems taken aback by my question but nonetheless answered, "Samael."

I raised my right eyebrow as if asking her who is that Samael and she did picked up my gesture so she spoke, "Oh my older brother's friend – the one you met the day before yesterday."

That guy? Why her older brother's friend would gave her that? I mean of all the things that guy can gave, he really chose a compact mirror? Not to mention it was very identical to the one Lucas owned.

Before I can pry any longer, the staff came back again telling us to hurry up as the first match up would begin. And so we immediately do ready ourselves – forgetting the topic about that mirror.

We are in the third match and we have time to practice but we chose not to. It is probably the effect of training for the whole day, yesterday! And so our mind and body automatically reject any kind of extra training.

Our whole body is now ready for the real thing.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

Third Person's POV

"Are you all ready for the third match?! Let us all welcome the teams that will be fighting each other! First on the stage is Shadow Legends! Last round, they have defended their title name as one of the strongest team in Incenerate of Execution. Will it be the same for this round?"

"To battle with them are the Supreme Kairos! They are the soaring team in this year! Everyone have a high expectation for them especially to the Luxze Tandem! Will they met the public expectation for this round?"