18 | Arxiu

Brina's POV

"Don't you have an explaining to do?" Cadmus said and yup, I decided to call him that. It sounds so cool and unique.

We are actually inside his car, he insisted to drop me off on my house because as per his reason, You are now my member which means you are now in my care.

We are seated on the back of the car since his driver is together with him. I m actually confused because after that scene, he did not buy nor even asked something on the store. So what the hell is he doing there?

"Aren't you THE ONE who have to explain?" I said to him emphasizing the word 'the one'.

He looked at me baffled so I continue getting irritated by remembering my sacrifices this morning, "I mean YOU are the one who said that I have to be at the quarters early in the morning then what? YOU are the one who are not there. Are you a ghost?"

"So? Did you miss me?" he said with a mocking voice in which I exaggeratedly open both my eyes and mouth before yelling but, "WHAT? NO! I AM JUST PISSED OFF OKAY! JUST PISSED OFF AND NOTHING ELSE!"

He chuckled before saying, "Chill. I attended an emergency meeting, okay?"

I just shrugged my shoulder before looking outside the window. So glad that there are no traffic so we will arrive there with approximately 20 minutes.

"Well, little girl, are you avoiding the topic? Aren't you supposed to explain?" He suddenly said and I raised my right eyebrow upon hearing what he called me before looking at him.

"What? No I am not, why would I, if I don't have anything to explain? Plus I AM NOT A LITTLE GIRL!" I answered him almost saying it without a paused.

He looked at me with his poker face before asking, "Who was the boy?"

It confuses me because why did he want to know that? Nonetheless, I still answered him shortly saying, "My step-brother."

"No brother would treat their little sister like that", He said but this time with a soft voice.

I chuckled hearing his answered and turned to look outside the window again while muttering, "Then he is a first."

Silence filled the car until Cadmus speak then right after the car stopped, "We are here."

Are we? I mentally said to myself.

"Oh right, thanks for the ride!" I said while getting out of the car with my hands full of items I bought earlier at the mall.

I just stood there at the side, eyeing the car to go but it did not happen so I knocked on the back's window and asked him, "What are you waiting for?"

"You getting inside", he simply answered and I mentally panic before speaking with my voice shaking a little, "Ah? Ahh no! I-I mean mom don't like to see boys outside the house."

He looked at me confused but a while later he slowly nodded his head and spoke, "Tomorrow, same time and place. Same agenda" and the car drove off.

I looked at the house in front while with a smile on my face. I am so lucky today no one opened the door when the car engine can be heard. Maybe no one is there?

It will take me another 10 minutes before I arrive at my real house. Yes, the house in front of me is not our house, hell I don't even know this street or subdivision.

I did not tell Cadmus my real address instead I said to him that I live one subdivision away from it. I mean you don't tell your address to someone you don't completely know, right?

I sighed when I remember I will be walking with my hands full of bags. Good luck to my feet.

What welcomed me right after I step inside the house is my mother yelling with worries, "Brina, are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Confusion was written on my face before I asked her, "I am okay and why would I be hurt?"

She sighed a relief before answering me and avoiding my eyes, "Your father called me that you and Henry met at the mall."

Now that my confusion was gone, I noticed her sad face and a little bruised on her arm. Did she took a harsh treatment from that person because I talked back to Henry? That's why she knew what happened?

"Mom, did he hurt you?" I asked her with seriousness that her face showed a shocked expression before answering, "I'm fine Bree, it is not that serious."

"It is", I spoke in a dead tone  and continue, "They don't have the right to hurt you mom."

Before she can speak again I spoke first, "Why aren't you fighting back? The company should have been under your name."

"I don't want to complicate things plus I am happy as long as you are with me, Brina." She answered and continue with, "Anyway, you should sleep now as for sure you are early tomorrow, you'll visit a friend again?"

Oh right, my mom doesn't know that I just became a member of a professional e-sport team. I tell excuses to her when I need to go outside the house for training purposes.

"Yes, I'll visit Ana tomorrow at seven in the morning. I'll go to my room now, good night mom." I said to her before walking upstairs. Excuses, I don't even know a person named Ana.

Once I am in my room, I immediately set up my newly bought computer accessories. After that I right away worked on my special tablet plan. I opened the back of the tablet and move some of the chips and some little wire so that I can insert my DDR4. I did not removed the RAM on the tablet instead, I upgraded it with DDR4.

I still haven't thought of something to disguise it so I left is as tablet only for now. After all these, I briefly took a bathe before walking to my walk-in-closet which I will call from now on as Arxiu– a catalan term for archive. Since every information, even the deepest are archived in this very room.

I lighted up the room and saw all the computer screens' moving on their own showing different content. The computers are continuously running even when I am not here, it steadily captures information may it be a public or the deepest information no one knew about.

I stretched up for a while before walking in the center of all the computers. I sat in front of the largest screen and shook my fingers, like preparing for a battle.

"Maybe I should test the newly keyboard and mouse tonight"

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Hello Lolanthx! Still early but we are now in road to 1k reads! 

Thank you so much for supporting this story!

Borahae~

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!