33 | Doomed

Brina's POV

"They found Z"

"They found Z"

"They found Z"

That has been replaying on mind and I have been sweating a lot from the moment I heard that. And I have been contemplating inside,

Did I slipped something?

Did I not secured my walls and systems?

What the fuck did they found?!

I really don't know what to do and I am pretty sure that showed on my face as Cadmus who is seating besides me asked, "Hey, you okay?"

"Uh, sure. Oh I mean I'm okay" I answered him with my mind all over the place.

Damn. I really should clear up my mind before they noticed me being anxious. So I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. Once I open my eyes, I acted like nothing is wrong, like I just woke up feeling.

But deep inside me, I can't help but to think of all the possibilities. I worry mostly on how am I gonna escape, I mean I am here with them going to a police station which will make it easier for them to catch me! I can't just tell them to stop and get out of the car, that would just make me a very suspicious one.

"Let's go"

That two word just made my heart palpitate a hundred times faster! Damn! I did not even noticed that we arrived a the police station already.

After getting out of the van, I immediately scan the surrounding looking for something to buy me time. And there, I saw a small ice cream booth with a kids lined up.

"You guys go first, I'll buy an ice cream", I said to them while pointing where the ice cream stall is. They all looked at me for a while until Cadmus spoke, "Tsk, be quick."

Then they all walked towards the entrance while I started to lined up for the ice cream. Of course I did not wasted the time, I immediately looked through my security walls, systems and even history, looking for something that I might have slipped for them to found the information.

I found nothing! The hell? What are the basis of them to say they found Z? Just as I was about to turn off my phone, the line before me was gone and so I immediately ordered a strawberry flavored ice cream.

I am planning to ditch them and just go home but a phone ring suddenly stopped me from thinking about that.

"Go here now."

Three letter words and nothing else! He hanged up after saying those words which makes it worst! I mean that just sounded like I am really needed there, did they really knew who is Z?

Of course, I did the opposite of that! I ran!

But I was stop mid-way when I collided with someone that made me step backwards because of the force. When I looked, I saw a girl.

"Sorry" She said and before I can talk back, she immediately run away from this place.

I was frozen. The look on her eyes is different but similar.

Similar to mine... five years ago.

That look which give off a vibe like everyone is beneath her.

Her fiery eyes are giving everyone a warning.

That something is coming.. and we will never be ready for that.

"Brina!"

A shout brought me back and I saw Lorcan walking towards me with speed.

Shit. Now, I can't escape anymore! Ugh! If not for that girl, I should have been far away from this place!

"We have been waiting for you! And that's not the way towards the entrance?" Lorcan asked me once he was in front of me.

"Why are you waiting for me?" I ignored his question and instead focus on that topic. Damn, that gave me another palpitation!

"Of course you are part of the team duh! Anyway, Captain are running out of patience so you need to be there right now!" Lorcan exclaimed and instantly grabbed my left hand before dragging me towards the entrance.

I'm doomed.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

"Finally you are here!" A man in his early 30s exclaimed once I step foot inside the main office which made me confuse. Instead of sounding like angry or not pleased tone, it sounded more enthusiastic. 

Definitely not what a police officer would sound when he saw the most wanted person.

"Uhh?" That is all I can say while looking at my team members trying to find an answer on what is happening.

"You already knew that we found Z, right?" Caiden asked me and I nodded my head hesitantly to answer him.

"We need your help!" Lorcan enthusiastically shouted.

My help? They need my help to catch Z which is me? WHAT?!

I did not answer him as I am still baffled in this situation and so I looked at Cadmus waiting for him to explain what is happening.

"You are good at computers right? You outperformed Lorcan before and so we need your help to catch Z." Cadmus said with seriousness and before I can asked another question, the man before spoke.

"To brief you, our system detected that someone is trying to hack the number one business company here and when we analyzed his behavior, it is similar to Z! He even left a note that he will reveal something tomorrow at exactly 6:00 PM just like what Z does!"

Oh my Z! The heavy weight on my mind and heart just vanished upon hearing what the man said! They did not exactly found Z, they just found a similar person. 

"So, what do I need to do?" I asked them as they did not explained that topic.

"You just need to create a trap system to bait him" Caiden is the one who answered me.

"You know we are dealing with Z, right? Isn't possible for him to take the bait?" I asked once again but this time sounding more confidence.

I mean if they think it is Z, aren't they underestimating Z? They think they will catch him, just like that?

"No, that's why we need your help. If you and Lorcan worked together, we might have a chance to get him. Even just a little bit, I won't give that up." Cadmus sounded indifferently when he answered me.

And by the way the ambiance changed, this case is definitely serious and so, I sighed defeated before saying,

"I will help."

Damn. I might be crazy for helping the police to catch Z.

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Now, we officially reached 2k+ reads!

Want to know how I edit the book cover of CODE Z: The Unseen? Then wait for my announcement tomorrow! I'll be uploading a tutorial video on my youtube channel!

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!