31 | Future

Dritan's POV

"Welcome to Incineration Cup Tournament! Today is the day that another battle begins! The tournament would be done in bracket method. There would be an overall 20 teams in this round that would form a 10 match-ups."

"Meaning, only ten teams will be able to advance on the next round! So give it all your best executors! Good luck!"

After the opening remarks, we are given half an hour to prepare for the battle. We are fourth in the match-up so my team will have an extra time other than the preparation time.

My eyes can't help but to stay at the place where a certain someone is seating. After the talked last night, I can't help but to see another side of her.

When I saw her at the public conference of Beste University, I saw her as someone who can never be tamed by anyone, someone who can fight the injustice by herself.

But, last night. She showed me a different side of her, a vulnerable one.

In that short conversation we had, I already knew something deep inside of her was hidden. What she said last night, implies a much more deeper context than what it simply said. I studied psychology, that's why I know how to look at the world in different perspective, how to find the real and deeper reason behind the normal words.

The only problem is, I don't know what exactly that deeper meaning is. I just knew for a fact that, she is hiding something.

She suddenly walked out of the backstage room that was assigned to our team and so I followed her but was stopped when someone behind me asked me.

"Lux! Is it really fine for you?" Caiden asked me while gazing at my right hand. I answered him while nodding my head, "It is. Besides it happens a long time ago."

It should be fine, right?

Caiden did not asked another question and so I walked out of the room, following a certain someone.

I saw her outside the venue, near the garden part talking with a girl. I walked towards them but before I can go near them, the girl walked out, opposite of the direction where the competition is being held.

"Who's that? The tournament is not located to where you pointed a while ago", I said when I am right in front of her.

"Some girl named Verity, she's not here for the tournament, she got lost okay?" She answered before seating on the bench near us.

"Anyway, what do you guys plan after this tournament?" She asked right after I sat beside her. I was taken aback for a moment, these past few days, her questions always surprises me. I mean her topic would always be said out of the blue.

Nevertheless, I answered her, "Don't know? You think so far, we are just in the first round." She got silent for a while and so I continue speaking, "Oh wait! Don't tell me you think we would not make it to the next round?"

She immediately looked at me and spoke in a defensive tone, "Of course not!"

I smirked upon hearing that. It means that she is confident in Supreme Kairos and she also have the same goal as the team.

"Then let me rephrase the question", She said then cleared her throat before continuing her words, "What do you plan after you got the Incineration Cup Tournament?"

I immediately corrected her, "After WE got the Incineration Cup Tournament."

For a brief moment I saw her stilled but it was gone in just a blink of an eye, making me doubt myself. Do my eyes are just playing with me or I really saw her froze for a moment?

"I will find someone", I answered her with seriousness that made her looked at me for a while, maybe waiting for me to continue again, but I did not and so she spoke,

"Who? Someone special?" She asked me in a teasing manner but that just made me think deeper. But before I can answer her, a shout calling us interrupted our conversation.

"Lux! Zero! The first match would start and your presence is needed!" I saw Lorcan shouting at the door of the venue.

Brina sighed before standing up and walking towards the venue. I stayed seated for a while, thinking about her question before following her.

She is.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

Brina's POV

These past few days, I have been thinking a lot. About my past, present and future.

Should I go back to the past? Should I stay or stop this present? Should I do that to prevent what will happen in the future?

And so everything that happened these past days are blurry to me, I did not even trained so hard for this tournament. I know, I shouldn't be in this battle with this state of mind.

For the first time, I did not know what would be the best solution to my problem. I can't arrive at a definite conclusion not unlike before, I know everything – the past, present, and future.

But this time, it is different.

I now have family and friends whom I don't want to leave, but staying with them would only bring danger to them.

To summarize my main problem, either I go back to my past, without them but safer for all of us, or to stay in the present together with them but would bring danger to all of us.

Either one of them would determine what is the future awaiting for me.

"Brina to earth? Earth to Brina!" A shout suddenly brought me back to reality and saw them, at the backstage room with all their hands gathered at the center, like how the team members cheer.

I walked towards them and L grabbed my right hand to place it in front of theirs'.

"We will grab the Incinerate Cup, together!" Cadmus shouted and soon followed by others, "Together!"

We? Together? I am not sure.

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Happy 1 month! I can't believe that I have come this far, writing a 30 chapters? It is a really big achievement for me!

As I have been writing for a long time maybe around 2014 (with different accounts) and never did I once wrote a 15 chapters what's more with 30 chapters 🥺

I really want to thank all of you who supported, supporting and will support me! Thank you so much! I Purple You 💜

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!