55 | Selfish

Dritan's POV

One week.

It has been seven fucking days and Tsilla is still nowhere to be found. No texts, no calls, and no news. Even her family don't know her whereabouts. And that's what drive me insane until now.

"The mastermind behind the Noir Rose was caught last week in South area and he was held captive in the prison without a definite sentence yet as the police are still investigating the case and gathering evidences."

"Just as the temporary imprisonment was about to be invalid, an anonymous post revealed all the necessary evidences enough to sentence Mr. Jack Lopez a life imprisonment."

"The evidences came as a whole package. It did not only revealed all the information about Noir Rose, the anonymous also revealed the past case that connected to this — The Lopez Corp. Case."

"As we all know, the case five years ago was long settled but Noir Rose was created solely to take revenge for that. The mastermind, Mr. Jack Lopez is actually the son of James Lopez whom was sentenced with death five years ago."

"These evidences helped the court in finalizing Mr. Jack's life sentence."

"The anonymous post was posted two days ago however yesterday, the same user posted again. But this time the anonymous identified himself. It was Z."

"Z is expected to reveal something again tomorrow just as what he posted:

CODE Z

NOIR ROSE

24H

Please stay tune for more updates!"

Right after the news was finished I turned off the television then grab another bottle of whiskey.

"Are you killing yourself?" I heard Caiden spoke behind me. I ignored him by continuing to drink my whiskey in the mini bar of our quarters.

I have been drinking ever since Danielle told us that Tsilla will not be back until she decided too. Now that I think about it, I seldom leave this place. I don't think I even ate something healthy nor drink water.I am definitely killing myself huh.

After a long silence, I felt him seating besides me and so I decided to answer him, "What's the point of living anyway."

He seemed taken aback as I answered him. Well I did not spoke to anyone and just locked myself in this mini bar so, if I am him, I would be surprised too.

"There's a lot, Cad", he get himself a cup then pour the whiskey, "Your family, Supreme Kairos, and Brina."

I laughed in a dejected manner, "All of that is Tsilla. She is my family. She is the reason why Supreme Kairos is back. She is my Brina."

"But she is not here", I drank my whiskey before continuing, "So what's the point of living if the only reason you want to live is now gone?"

He sighed then solemnly commented, "But you lived before you met her. You are okay alone before she arrived in your life. I am sure you will be okay again."

"Keyword, before. But I met her and I don't think I can ever be back to how I was before", after saying that I opened another bottle of whiskey then pour myself a cup. He did not talked back so the silence filled the room for a while. We just continue drinking whiskey, bottle after bottles.

"Uhm, what are your plans on the tournament?" he asked after a long silence.I did not talk so he continue, "You know it's the last chance right?"

"We already lost the third round. The 'wild executors' is our last chance if we want to enter the championship."The third round happened the day before yesterday and we lost by not attending. Then the tournament announced that they will be giving those teams who did not make it a second chance to enter the championship.

"Supreme Kairos is not Supreme Kairos without Tsilla", I coldly said as I want him to understand that Supreme Kairos can't continue with her.

"But she sent a person to substitute her. I checked his profile and he is good!" Caiden exclaimed raising his voice a little louder.

Someone barged in our quarters two days before the third round, introducing himself as Tsilla's substitute for the tournament as she was away and thus can't play.He even showed us his conversation with Tsilla, asking him to substitute. But I turned him down, I don't need substitutes. Supreme Kairos need the real one.

"You know she sent that boy so that Supreme Kairos would still continue the tournament, to get the championship, right?" I still did not answered him and so he continue, "What do you think would Brina feel if she realized Supreme Kairos gave up?"

"She expected to see Supreme Kairos to be the Champion, that is why she found a substitute so that her absence would not be a hindrance. You need to consider Brina's feelings too and not just your's." After that Caiden left me in this mini bar.

Am I really selfish? Did I really not consider other people's feeling? Maybe I did. 

I knew how important this tournament was to Supreme Kairos and never did I asked their opinion about this. I just acted by myself in turning down the third round. I am selfish.

Lorcan has been pushing me to bring back Supreme Kairos since five years ago and when we finally brought it back, I just shrugged it off like it was nothing. I am selfish.

Caiden who don't really spoke, opened up for the first time when we created Supreme Kairos. He was the one who pushed me to create this family. He once again opened up when I talked to them that we will turn down the third round. But, I never never listened to him. I am selfish.

Danielle who experienced a lot of firsts with Supreme Kairos. She found herself in this family. She even kneeled down to us when she admitted her faults — she admitted that she was the reason why Tsilla left. I am so angry to her for that reason and so I discarded her presence and opinion. I am selfish.

I drank all the whiskey left in the bottle before picking up my phone then message the group chat. 

⊶⊷

Supreme Kairos will get the championship.

You all can continue. You all can decide for this.

You all agreed to let a substitute to play the game.

Whatever your decision is, I will agree with that.

Sent 10:13 PM

But please agree with mine.

I will not continue, until I find myself again.

Supreme Kairos can soar high without me.

Sent 10:13 PM

⊶⊷

I am really a damned selfish person huh. If it is for her, then I will gladly live-up to that title.

But am I really selfish for prioritizing myself in this matter?

Especially if she left me twice?

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Don't you think something is wrong here? Twice?

Hmmm.

💜💜💜💜💜

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!