36 | Beste University

Brina's POV

"So, what do you think Brina?" Caiden then asked me in so the others looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"Damn. Oh I mean G-Good?" I answered hesitantly then muffled something they can't hear.

I am definitely digging my own grave.

"Anyway, I will talk to the university's head then you inform Danielle", Cadmus said to me and so I immediately contacted L to tell her the new training grounds.

"Oh by the way, if we are doing the case while we train, aren't we dragging L in this case?" I asked Lorcan who is the one nearer to me while Cadmus is still on the phone.

"That's what I want to know too" Lorcan answered me or not? Ugh I mean his reply did not really answered my question. I looked at Caiden who is standing next to Lorcan, hoping for him to give me answer.

"Let's just wait for Dritan, I guess?" I mentally rolled my eyes upon hearing what he said. Why did I forgot that these two literally would not function without their Captain? I mean they would be lost without Cadmus' orders or instruction. I am actually starting to think if they can live without him.

Three of us then fell silence. I kept myself busy with my phone to avoid the awkward situation, and for the others? I don't know, did not bother checking what they were doing.

"Did an angel passed by? You know it's free to talk, right?" That was what we heard after a while and when I looked at the direction, I saw Cadmus walking back towards us.

"What did the university said?" Caiden ignored his question by asking another one.

"As expected, they agreed." Cadmus simply answered.

"Aren't we dragging L in this case if we do this while training?" I asked him since this question have been bothering me ever since he told me his plan.

"We kind-of are. She can gather information through the students without letting her know the case." Cadmus answered me but I still felt like it was incomplete and so I asked him again, "How?"

"We can just tell her an excuse, like looking for a group of friends you can share you worries? That's what also the group chat we are looking for anyway." Cadmus answered then followed up by Lorcan's opinion.

"And by Danielle's personality, she would not pry on this. I mean she would just gladly help without looking thoroughly for the reason."

Hearing their answers, I am convinced. Because as what Lorcan said, L would not inquire too much of what we will tell her, she would just help.

"So when do we start?" Caiden asked another question that made us looked at Cadmus, waiting for him to answer.

"Tomorrow."

»•» ⚠️ «•«

We are now currently on our way to the university. Caiden was the one driving the van, then Lorcan on the passenger seat. While we are seated on the second lane, me on the middle, Danielle on my left side and Cadmus on my right or door side. The back or third line is full of our equipment that we will be using.

Now that we are going to my university, I just remembered that I haven't attend classes for a while. More precisely since I became a member of Supreme Kairos, never did I once step foot on this place.

Ugh I did not even wish to go back here much more attend the class. Now with our circumstances, I will surely must attend the class and I freaking hate that!

"You miss school that much?" I rolled my eyes upon hearing what the person right next to me said.

"Never", I mockingly answered him while looking back again on the road.

"Tss. A bad student huh?" I heard him muffled but chose to ignore him since we are near the university.

"Beste University are glad to accommodate Supreme Kairos' training" The head principal greeted us right after we just got off from the van.

"Hm" Cadmus simply answered him.

He immediately led us to the room where we conduct our training. Along our way, someone shouted my name which halted our walked.

"Brina!" When I looked, I saw the boy whom I help before – forgot the name. He was running towards me so I waited for him to stop in front of me.

"Glad you are back! Since you are my classmates on some classes, I took down the notes when you are not present. It's on the locker room since I did not expect to see you today, would you like to see?" He said while panting, probably from running.

Since I pretty much knew every side of this university, I planned to go with him but was not given a chance when someone suddenly took down his offer.

"She's not coming with you. We still need her." Hearing the voice, I knew who it was – Cadmus.

The boy seemed taken aback, like he just noticed that I am with someone. I immediately talked to him to avoid any awkward situation.

"Hm, maybe some time when I am not busy anymore! But thank you, your effort is highly appreciated!" I spoke with my jolly tone and smiled to show my gratefulness to him.

"Shall we continue then?" The head principal asked in which the boy just nodded while smiling towards me.

We continue walking towards the room but I felt the difference from now and before. We are now surrounding with heavy ambiance, although no one are speaking just like before, one can really feel the cold air.

"Did I missed something?" I asked L who is walking besides me.

She glanced towards Cadmus first before answering me, "What do you think?"

I hissed upon hearing what she replied, why would she think I asked her if I already knew the answer?! Ugh, before I can talked back, the people walking in front of us suddenly halted and so we did too.

"This, will be your training ground for as long as you want! Since Dritan graduated here, it will also be a pleasure if Supreme Kairos would win the tournament and so the Beste University planned to support you, all out." The head principal said while opening a room.

What greeted us, shocked us. The room was filled with new computers and furniture. It's like this room was created solely for our training.

We did not pry any longer though. So the head principal then left, leaving only us. We started to roam around the room until Cadmus spoke,

"This room will be the witness of our efforts to climb what we want to accomplish. Are you all ready?"

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Just TMI guys, our prof just announced that we need to passed THREE PHYSICS LAB REPORT in TWO DAYS! And so I got stressed af! I literally stopped functioning, you know anxiety attacks.

But! So glad I do have friends! Lol they shared resources and so I am not that stressed! Not thinking about the freaking lab reports anymore!

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!